Elk area selection

Cthunter73

Hello I'm new to site and a NR. I recently won a commisioners tag and was hoping to get some help on unit selection. I'd like to hunt last week in September as it seems I'd be able to hunt archery 1st half and if unsuccessful rifle the 2nd half in some units. I've been researching areas 30 and 31 and they seem to have pretty good success rates. If anyone has info on these areas or another, I would appreciate the help. Not looking for specific locations but rather how my chances would be getting into elk. Not looking for a giant either as any elk will be a trophy for me.

Take a look at unit 100. Lots of Elk, mild terrain, easy access, high success. Type 1 tag allows both Archery and Rifle. Or maybe 22 - more rugged terrain but probably bigger bulls. Do a search on here for past posts on the units you're interested in. Plenty of info on the ones you mentioned, unit 100, 22 and others. Congrats on the tag and GOOD LUCK !

I had a unit 30 tag last year and got a great bull. Easy and fun hunt! I’d take that tag any day of the week. Pm me if you want specifics.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom