Elk & Deer 2016

elkhunter7pt

So for deer I have 10 points the max available. Is there any units that you would consider using the points for a 170 class buck?
For Elk I have 8 Points and looking to get a hunt with a chance at a 300 class bull. I know I'm on the edge of some drawing some good units but would love to hear some feedback from others.
Any help would be muchly appreciated as I'm looking for some quality units. Not asking for your exact honey hole but just some general information.
I'm a Non-Resident and prefer to hunt rifle.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-15 AT 03:53PM (MST)[p]170 class bucks can be found just about anywhere in the state, but are never a guarantee. Do you want to do DIY or Guided? If DIY then I think maybe you should either hunt G or keep buying points/area 128.
Guided, there are multiple guys in the state that would be able to get you a 170.

Elk is going to be about the same. Any of the guides in the NW part of the state could get you a 300. Plus there are some others that are less bear infested that could also.
DIY- Again, look towards the NW. Or keep hoping for luck in areas like 100, 124 (good bulls with tons of access)

Sorry, not trying to burst a buble, just letting you know MHO. Truely if you want guarantees, go with an outfitter. 'm sure that you could get a good list of folks from this website. Outfitters in WY are well known or not known at all.

PY

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom