Elk/Deer Camp Tips and Tricks

338magblaster

It may have been asked previously, but what are some of your best tips for setting up a "world class" Elk Camp. I have some friends who rig up a re-worked steam-cleaner to heat water for a water trough to make a hot tub. Great for soaking away the sore muscles after a long day's hike.

My favorite tip is take more tarps than you could possibly need. Not only are they great to make shelter out of, they can double for table covers when butchering large animals.

When on a horseback trip in the wilderness take a camp tender to care for the horses and do the cooking and cleaning. Having a person in camp gives you piece of mind that your horses are ok and after a long days hunt its nice to come back to camp and eat, bullshit a little and go to bed. I've never had the convenience of having a camp tender but it sure would be nice. fatrooster.

it has to be the 2000 watt honda generator hooked up to a 400watt metal halied above camp. we call it the north star. every one that drives buy gets a real kick out of it. we also take a culvert about 5 ft tall and use it for the fire. keeps smoke out of your face and gets pretty darn hot.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-05 AT 09:57AM (MST)[p]I like the camp tender idea,, How much would one cost for 6 days in the back country?? :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom