Elk Draw for NR's

BenHuntn

Why is it so important for Game and fish to have the NonResident draw results before resident draw results. It must have something to do with Outfitters.

Why is it so important for Game and fish to have the NonResident draw results before resident draw results. It must have something to do with Outfitters.
Maybe we can get all WY elk applications to have a January application period and May 21 for the draw results. That way residents can wait for the elk draws before applying for deer and pronghorn. It's kind of handy for a NR :)

Maybe we can get all WY elk applications to have a January application period and May 21 for the draw results. That way residents can wait for the elk draws before applying for deer and pronghorn. It's kind of handy for a NR :)
As long as I draw I don’t care when the app period is or the results ? and if not here I come general season !!

Here is an example. I wanted to book with an outfitter that has great private property to hunt Big Elk. They only book 4 to 5 hunters a year. It's not cheap but a great hunt. It is a draw area. When I called for more info the owner said "we book up with all nonResidents because they get there results first".

Here is an example. I wanted to book with an outfitter that has great private property to hunt Big Elk. They only book 4 to 5 hunters a year. It's not cheap but a great hunt. It is a draw area. When I called for more info the owner said "we book up with all nonResidents because they get there results first".
So it must be a draw unit even for residents? I can’t help to help to think that when your resident eyes started pouring out tears you used a general elk tag to wipe them away?

the second chapter to this story could be that you want a points system so you will know exactly when you can draw that unit with the big bulls on private land.?

Maybe pay for the hunt upfront. Then standby till you draw a tag.

Do outfitters have a process for booking clients for hard to draw hunts? Like paying a refundable deposit in case you don't draw.

Conducting the non resident elk draw while applications for resident elk, and deer and antelope for everyone are being processed probably has them running a little behind.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom