Elk Help

shootem

The application period is soon approaching and I find myself scratching my head. I am trying to decide which unit for limited elk I should apply for. I have narrowed it down to the Wasatch muzzleloader or the South Cache Muzzleloader as I have enough points to draw either of the two. Here's my dilemma, I am a full time student at USU so my scouting time will be fairly limited, I plan to hunt the entire hunt if need be and plan to show up a few days prior to the hunt to scout. I know the Wasatch unit better than I know the South Cache but I figure I could scout the Cache unit more since it is closer to home. My goal would be a bull in the 320 range. I am interested in thoughts/ideas from anyone willing to share info on these units on which would be the better of the two or anyone who has hunted these units with a muzzleloader.

There's no substitute for scouting. If you can spend more time on the South Cache I'd look pretty hard at that. I know the Wasatch better and I live right here but that's beside the point.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Zeke

I have spent lots of time on the south cache. The last few years it has been better for being in the middle of the rut compared to any of the other tags. I have never been on the wasatch at all thou so i don't really know how they would compare. That and i have never had the tag myself. It always seems a little harder to try and find the big ones with a tag in your pocket. Send me a message if you need any more help.

Don't be afraid to live for fear of dieing.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom