elk hunt fall 2019

seeleymt

Looks like i will try to daw either 40 or 76 for elk next year have 19 points as a non resident thing I can draw second season in 40 for rifle and first in 76 should be able to draw either one with muzzleloader? Have to do outfitter live to far away. Looking for suggestions on outfitters in either unit this will be my last elk hunt in colorado.

Graham Outfitters, LLC is another option in unit 40.
https://www.facebook.com/grahamoutfitters/

Mike Lawson, Biggerstaff, Graham, 2V are all great people and will offer some of the best hunting opportunities in western Colorado. Talk with them all and see how/where they hunt (public vs private lands) and see which one of them seems like the best fit.
Good luck, unit 40 holds some great quality animals!
Bondo

Well it looks like I will be hunting with steve bigger staff this fall in second season rifle will be able to draw this tag. Pretty excited as this will be the one time I will be able to do this hunt then I'am out of the point game to old for this.

@seeleymt, curious how the trip went with Biggerstaff in unit 40? Thinking of following your lead in 2020 or 2021. I've heard a few skeptical things about their operation pushing other hunters away by shooting, driving the elk etc. Did you have a good experience? Thanks in advance!

I didn't hunt with Biggerstaff but I did do a guided hunt. The outfitter I used had 4 hunters all got bull elk. I hunted 3 days killed my elk on the 3 night about a 320 bull saw one better bull that was not broke but had another hunter screw that up. In 3 days saw 15 bulls no cows lots broken bulls might has one point broke. The outfitter really works hard has good equipment and guides. was very happy it is a very different landscape to be hunting elk in.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom