ELK HUNT ON PRIVATE GROUND

YukonDall

Long Time Member
HEY FELLAS......I AM LOOKING TO UNLOAD 7 ELK POINTS ON A PRIVATE GROUND HUNT. I HEAR OF GOOD RANCHES IN NON WOLF UNITS FROM TIME TO TIME BUT DONT REALLY HAVE ANY THING SOLID AS OF YET. IF YOU CAN RECOMMEND A GOOD RANCH I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT......I AM NOT GETTIN ANY YOUNGER. THIS COULD BE A BOW OR RIFLE HUNT FOR BULLS/ EARLY OR LATE. PM'S ARE FINE TOO!!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE/TIME..............YD.

Well if I could pick one unit it would be 58. On the Hoo Doo Ranch. Its a $500 dollar trespassing fee with some monster bulls. 350+ bull is high chance.

that's my 2 cents

You may want to talk to my buddy before you do that, I guess he had such a poor hunt they gave his $500 back to him, apparently some guys pay a lot more so they can get the run of the place, in motorized vehicles.

Why do you worry about wolves so much? I guess they have been getting some big elk up in wolf country, why not pay an outfitter and go up in the wilderness? It must be a drawing thing?

Other than that I hear they have private land hunts in unit 7 with big bulls.

We have a few wolves, but we can also shoot them, with no license. Have a few bears too.

Here's a couple bulls I guided to in the last couple years

image_zpsda0797c5.jpg
[/URL]

HDBULL1.jpg
[/URL]

100_2734-1-1.jpg
[/URL]

And one I took myself on the ranch
e9.jpg
[/URL]

With 7 points you won't draw 58 or any of the top late hunts, you can't even apply. if you had 8 I'd suggest one of those and private land isn't as important.

Since you're a point behind I'd look at High Island Ranch if you want private land.

Stay thirsty my friends

If you do think of booking the High Island Ranch with Robbins Google his name and check out some of the references on bowsite first. I've read quite a few unhappy responses through the years concerning outfitting on his ranch.

Those bulls I just put up are from high island. I live and guide on the ranch. I was there for the bill getner guy. There is always more sides to the story.

I ALWAYS CONSIDERED THAT AS WELL......2 SIDES TO EVERY COIN. I DID PM YOU RALPHIE........THANKS FOR ANY INFO...........YD.

There isn't an outfitter out there who doesn't have an unsatisfied customer. you have to wonder how many people are never happy.

For what it's worth , Garth thinks it's the best elk hunt in WY. for what it's worth.

Stay thirsty my friends

I agree with you ralphie and understand sometimes clients expect too much from guides an outfitters without holding up their end. I know Yukon is pretty savvy I just wanted to make sure he was aware of some of the accounts posted in the last decade. I love the area you guys hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-14 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]Here's some cheap advice if you book with an outfitter/rancher. Ask for references. For every name they give you, ask for an equal number of names from hunters who were unsuccessful. If the outfitter refuses, look elsewhere. If you get names, call the unsuccessful ones first. Then ask the successful hunters about any issues the unsuccessful guys brought up and form your own opinions.

Ralphie, didn't yer buddy Frank Robbins get in a big tiff with the BLM a number of years ago. Can't remember all the issues, but seems like the BLM was all over him for a number of grazing issues and violations. Maybe you could enlighten us. Because as you say, there's always two sides...

Yeah he won all the way to the supreme court and then lost there.

The former owner of the ranch agreed to give the BLM an easement. The blm forgot to get it recorded in the deed. So when Frank bought the ranch there was legally no easement. The blm wanted him to give them, for nothing, the easement. He said no, that started a campaign of harassment for years.

Anyone who cares anything about private property rights should read up on it. It is astounding the crap they tried to pull to get Frank to give up the easement.

I followed the case for a decade. The way I always saw it, was that it was another example of a landowner trying to lock up public BLM land. Although I will agree the bureaucrats can get heavy handed. I agree with the Supreme Court decision on this.

Bush appointee William Myers forced the BLM to deal with Robbins differently on grazing right violations on federal land because of the power Robbins had. If you're a member of the Republican power club you can do most things you want unless The court says otherwise.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom