elk hunting 20A, 26

idabigbuck

Hey Fellas, (and gals)

I haven't posted here in quite a while. It's good to check it out and see what is on peoples minds.

Anywho, I will be hunting up in 20A and 26 this season and was wondering if anyone might have any insight to share. I have never hunted these units and will be taking a few scouting trips to familiarize myself with the country. We don't have horses so we will be staying out of the wilderness for the most part. Just wondering what to expect, I have some out of state'ers coming this season and would like to be able to show them some elk and deer.
Not looking for anyone's secret spot just general areas to begin the quest.
Thanks in advance. PM me if you want.

Its fair chase, or its foul!

Not posting to be a jerk, but you will probably be able to entertain your guests by seeing and listening to the wolves.
There are still animals to hunt in there, but I doubt that you will see the numbers of a few years ago!

I have hunted 26 for deer and elk it is tough ,especially without horses. The early Sept hunt is fun if you can get the elk to bugle. Animals are definately fewer and farther between. I drew the late buck tag in 20a last year and wasn't able to get back in there to hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom