Elk hunting unit 49

vawellmule_5

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-19 AT 09:42AM (MST)[p]I was wondering if I could get any feed back on this unit. I will try to draw some tags for this unit. Any feedback how good the hunting this unit is and where I can get public land good hunting or where to start in this unit. Any feedback will be great thanks also I would to hun unit 39 and 28

You can NOT draw ANY tag in 49 with 0 points.

Sounds to me like when you have an afternoon off, you should go to the Colorado parks and wildlife office near where you live and get them to explain how the system works and how to use the website, because you are not coming up with good ideas on your own. Or if you any friends that hunt, get them to show you a hunt catalog and go through it with you.

It is really hard for us to help you when you don't seem to really grasp how the system works. Once you get a basic understanding, then we can help you better.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-19 AT 10:40AM (MST)[p]Follow these instructions to get started:

Go here first:
https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/BigGame.aspx

then go about 1/2 way down the page and click on:
Colorado Hunting Atlas. It will be in blue writing

then open up a separate window for two additional sites:

Big Game Brochure (on the right side about 1/3 of the way down the page

and

Hunting Statistics (on the left side and slightly lower than the hunting atlas.

Now you should have these windows open: Big game hunting, Hunting atlas, Brochure, and hunting statistics.

that gives you all the basic info you need to look at units and decide if you can draw with 0 points.

Look at a unit you are interested in using the hunting atlas, then check in the brochure and see what the code is for that unit, then look under statistics for that code and see what the odds of drawing that unit is.

Yes, this can be confusing, that is why I said go by a parks and wildlife office and let them show you how to read through all that info.

Good luck

txhunter58

Awesome now go scout as many as you can this summer that have otc options and hunt the one you like best.

Coloradoboy

NO.

You haven't done your research. For instance unit 501 takes at least 3 points to draw a first rifle season. I give up trying to help you this way. If you want to PM me your phone number I can call and try to talk you through it that might work, but we are getting no where here.

Txhunter58

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom