Elk Hunts?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I've been applying for the past 7 years to no avail. I hunted unit 15a muzzy back in 2000 and loved it, so I have been picking unit 15 since. I hunt all weapons types so I'm open to hunt types. My choices for this year are 15 muzzy first hunt, 34 muzzy and 16D rifle 2nd season. What do you think my chances are of drawing anyone of these? Also, what does everyone think of unit 9 and my chances there? Thanks

15 is a 1 in 17 chance
34 is a 1 in 12 chance
and 16D rifle is a 1 in 15.5 chance

This is assuming NM resident.

unit 9 1 in 14.2 for muzzy.

So odds are not in your favor for any of those hunts - all good hunts.

Second muzzy in 15 was 25% chance unguided NR to draw last year. Resident odds are probably better. Great unit with not so great dates but would probably up your odds.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom