elk in the freezer

N

nmbullfighter

well put a little more meat in the freezer this weekend. Lucky enough to get a web sale cow tag for unit 34. Started the hunt off by getting whooped, guess the full moon and weather had them moving pretty good. found the tracks but couldnt find them standing in them..moved further south to Nmpauls country and was able to glass some cows bedded down in a burn area..Damn 40mph cross wind helped the stalk but didnt help the shot or the pack out.. Just wanted to say a big THANKS to NMPAUL for helping with some areas to try and for lending a hand and house to skin and quarter..Thanks again paul.

photo is
4945982128a1c2bf.jpg

Congrats on the cow. We saw a ton on elk up that way during the late season archery bull hunt. Left us wishing we had got the cow tags instead! Also, what kind of binoculars are you sporting? If those are the Vortex Diamondbacks, they sure are good for the money.

Fighter,

Nice job!! Glad you were pointed in the right direction. Did you see any deer rutting action while you were down there? Just curious.

MBBGH

It was great to meet you guys. You guys came out and got it done in tough conditions.
Wished I could have helped more. Besides that was your spot that you came up with on your own.

My boy got his bull tonight (I will post up separate). Also, Khart got his oryx bull tonight as well.
Everyone had a real good weekend despite the wind.

Congrats again, hope you guys draw a tag down here again. If I ever draw that 2B or 2C tag we will be talking.

nmbullfighter!!

congrats with the winter meat!!! glad NMPAUL helped and how many elk did u saw before u shot one?

vinihunt

we seen two on friday where we hunted saturday morning..and when we were glassing that canyon saturday aftenoon we glassed two but were too far and then we moved to another spot and i would say there was about twenty bedded down and some were feeding.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom