Elk on Kessler Ranch RFW

B

bldrbuck

Anyone out there ever hunted elk on the RFW's Kessler Ranch in Debeque CO? They show 100% success rate for their bull hunters and am wondering what types of bulls they take out of there? Any info would be appreciated. I can call them and get info, but as we all know, it's better to get it from a hunter who has participated in the ranching for wildlife program than from the owners, or guides on the ranch. I can draw this tag and am wondering if it would be worth the 13 pts or if i should hold out for unit 10 with a diy style hunt.

Thanks,
bldr

I have done that and talked with the ranch manager. I just want to verify what I have heard from him with some one who has actually hunted it. Sounds like a great place and he is a supper nice and helpful guy. I really want to hear from a hunter. I actually just watched a show on mule deer hunting there and they showed some clips of the elk that are harvested--really nice bulls for really high paying clients!

thanks,
bldr

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-11 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-11 AT 10:50?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-11 AT 10:47?PM (MST)

iv guided the ranch for the last five years my clients have taken bulls in the 340+ish range but avg 310. biggest bull iv scene is 360+ in sept.iv scene quit a few in that 330-350 range biggest bull killed ever on the ranch was 378 ish i believe before mark kessler baught it.about 6 years ago.. cant find those around every tree but there are good bulls depends how you hunt it there alot of high profile people that we get that dont want to "walk" aka hunt or those scores could be better.. big ranch 25000+ acers// the ranch is amazing never scene anything like when it comes to lodging.. amzing deer hunting killed some pigs up there but when it comes to elk 13 pointd is alot... pm if you need more info

-jake

Thanks for the info, Jake. I'll pm you with more questions but I really appreciate your response--sounds very interesting to say the least!

bldr

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom