Elk poacher arrested

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
http://nevadagamewarden.org/2016/07/26/game-wardens-arrest-suspect-in-elk-poaching/

Game Wardens Arrest Suspect in Elk Poaching
July 26, 2016

Game wardens have arrested a suspect in the illegal killing and waste of a bull elk in a case stemming from an incident in Lincoln County near Pioche in August of 2015 that challenged investigators and provided few clues.

Zackry Holdaway, 26, of Cedar City, Utah was arrested on Saturday, following a year-long investigation by the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW). The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources arrested Holdaway, and he was released on $10,500 bail yesterday. Holdaway faces multiple criminal charges in Nevada, including felony big game poaching, a gross misdemeanor for possession of an illegally killed big game animal and three misdemeanors for trespassing, using a spotlight to shoot the animal and wanton waste of a game animal.

The animal was shot, the head removed and the rest of the animal was left to waste near the Pearson Ranch in Lincoln County. The landowner where the crime was committed had a trail camera near the crime scene that captured a series of grainy, washed out photos that were the first step investigators used to track down the suspect.

?We tracked down this suspect with very little information. Our investigators used several investigative tools and put in extraordinary effort to solve the case with very little to go on,? said Chief Game Warden Tyler Turnipseed. ?This is an egregious waste of Nevada?s wildlife, and we are proud of our commitment to catching the person responsible.?

The trail camera gave game wardens the exact time of the shooting, which took place in the early morning hours of Aug 29, 2015. The suspect likely used a spotlight to kill the animal, which is a crime itself. Game wardens used the grainy, trail cameral photo and other clues to start reconstructing the crime and seeking out information to identify the shooter.

?All suspects are innocent until proven guilty,? said Turnipseed. ?We look forward to outlining our findings in court.?
www.sportsmensaccess.org

I Guess there is a 'GOOD' Use for Trail-Cams!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Hey NVB,
We've always encouraged our local boys to go out of State if they're going to poach! Bahahahahaha

I'm glad they caught up with the DB!
Zeke

A friend of mine told me this A$$hole just finished a 5 year suspension for poaching 4 Mule Deer in southern Utah. Went on his Face Book page,it say's he's a guide. Also took a looksy at his friends list, a lot of names popped up that sounded familiar. Anyone know if this is the same a$$ busted before

This kid has been making a lot of changes in his life over the past little bit. Hopefully this is behind him and he can move on. Being that this happened last year. He just bought a house and got married. His reception is this Saturday. He may not be doing much in the hunting world for a while. But hopefully he can get his life straightened out. With all of the pressure of the media/internet. This kid and others put a lot of self worth on what they can produce. Pushing them in to doing things they may not normal do. I think there is a lesson to be learned here.

>lol....whatever....."just trying to feed his family"
>

"He was getting his life together, going to college in the fall". It's hard to swallow it when we're fed it daily.

I checked out his Facebook page earlier, looked like a normal enough kid. What I can't overlook though is he cut the head off and left the rest of it to f*cking rot.

If you are hungry and poach one to feed your family that is one thing (one i wouldn't recommend) but to do that is just 100% bullshit. Odds are that wasn't the first time, just the first time he got caught. He shouldn't ever be allowed to have by again.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-16 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]>"With all
>of the pressure of the
>media/internet. This kid and others
>put a lot of self
>worth on what they can
>produce. Pushing them in to
>doing things they may not
>normal do. I think there
>is a lesson to be
>learned here."

Yea, Founder, it's your fault! :-(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos