ELK - Salmon Zones 21, 21A, 28, 36B

A

A00873975

Just wondering what the elk situation was in Salmon. I have hunted the area for years, and has been on a slow decline. I am not able to make it up there for the general bull season, and just wondering how everyone else was fairing in the unit. More wolves than elk?

Happy Hunting

I have hunted 36b the last 10 years and have seen a steady decline in the number of elk seen. We as a groop are still having good luck but it is gettin harder. I have some friends that live in the unit and said that thear were wolves killing cows this last winter so they killed a large number of wolves. This spring they saw more calves and spikes than they have seen the last few years. My friends will be up in 36 b the last 2 weeks of the season will post there results later. I got lucky and drew a tag in Nevada or I would be going to.

I just spent 8 days hunting in unit 28. I saw 1 spike bull and 7 cow elk in the same area last year that held over 70 Elk. I never saw a Mule Deer buck. But between my son and I we saw 10 wolves and heard them howling almost every morning.
I have been hunting unit 28 for years and have never seen it so devoid of game! What a pitty.....the wolves have taken over.
Paul

No, they were all about a half mile away and we didn't have any wolf tags.
Next year you can bet we will have wolf tags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom