ELK SEASON 2013 BRING IT !!!

YukonDall

Long Time Member
WELL.......ELK SEASON IS ONLY ABOUT 4 MONTHS AWAY. PLANNING, GATHERING GEAR, SLINGIN STICKS, STAYING IN SHAPE, HONING THE MENTAL EDGE, WATCHING VIDEO, & THINKING ABOUT ALL THE TACTICS A BOW HUNTER MIGHT WANT TO EMPLOY.

ANY BODY ELSE GETTING THE ITCH, OR REAL EXCITED ????? I WOULD RATHER GO ON A ARIZONA BULL HUNT THAT ON A STONE SHEEP HUNT, OR A TRIP TO AFRICA.

WHO'S HUNTING ELK THIS YEAR........THANKS...........YD.

I am hunting elk and getting ready to go! New bow, getting in better shape, and starting to get familiar with some new country. My girlfriend has an elk hunt a week later than mine and that is going to be a blast. It is her first hunt of any kind. She just passed her Hunter Ed's class yesterday.

"ANY BODY ELSE GETTING THE ITCH, OR REAL EXCITED ????? I WOULD RATHER GO ON A ARIZONA BULL HUNT THAT ON A STONE SHEEP HUNT, OR A TRIP TO AFRICA"

I agree YUKON there is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING like hunting Rutting Elk in one of Arizona's top units.Even on a bad year you should have an incredible hunt.I can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm spending 3 weeks in unit 1 archery. ArcGis is loaded down with topo's, hi res SAT images, fire intensity overlays, FS maps, honey holes, and I threw in the kitchen sink for good measure. Backpack has been loaded twice and the crewcab has new shoes.

I plan on being in unit 1 again. always a ton of fun. Thanks, Allen Taylor......

New Arrows,,,new broadheads,,,new boots. Can't wait !!! can anyone tell me what the vegetation growth is looking like in unit 9 ? I know the radar has shown a few small rain events but for the most part it seems real dry.

HAD A FELLA FROM FLAG TELL ME THAT THE NW PART OF THE STATE WAS REAL DRY, BUT THE NE PART HAS HAD GOOD MOISTURE AND HAS SOME EXCELLENT FORAGE.....NICE & GREEN. I AM NOT SURE WHAT UNIT 9 LOOKS LIKE THOUGH...............YD.

Spent the weekend at the top of Unit 7W and it is bad dry. Silt on the roads about 2" deep. The Arizona Elk Society has been hauling water in 9 and 7 since April and fixing drinkers to catch more rain when it comes. Cross your fingers. Saturday there was moisture in the air but none hit the ground in 7W. The clouds in 9 were darker but I don't know if there was any moisture.
Steve

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom