Elk skull for mounting sheds

Servehim

Very Active Member
Greetings guys, hoping to get some words of wisdom. I've got a couple sets of matching sheds that want to put together. I'm struggling to find a quality fake skull I could use, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've looked at Mountain Mikes and even considered making my own from a 4x4 . Thanks in advance MM faithful. Jim

Thanks Jim, I like that $180 number better than the $300-400 . The pictures on website don't show if the plastic mold has 1 or 2 pre- drilled holes to attach the antler ( hoping its 2) I like the different camo patterns they offer. I've got a Mountain Mike's elk skull and it has 2 pre-drilled holes for each side. Thanks again

Thanks Jim, I like that $180 number better than the $300-400 . The pictures on website don't show if the plastic mold has 1 or 2 pre- drilled holes to attach the antler ( hoping its 2) I like the different camo patterns they offer. I've got a Mountain Mike's elk skull and it has 2 pre-drilled holes for each side. Thanks again
Deer was 1 hole each side, looks like their site the elk is the same

I'm leaning that way as I have one in my hands already. One thing I don't like is the predrilled holes aren't at the best angle, they need to be slanted out more to get to the middle of the shed. I can't get 2" into the antler before I penetrate the top. Might need to re- drill the holes but hate to do damage to the skulls strength. Once again MM faithful i appreciate your help, any one see this issue yourselves and have a solution?

I'd have to see the sheds to give you the best advice... 😁😉😁

I've only ever used Mountain Mike's, but those are all deer sets.

I'm leaning that way as I have one in my hands already. One thing I don't like is the predrilled holes aren't at the best angle, they need to be slanted out more to get to the middle of the shed. I can't get 2" into the antler before I penetrate the top. Might need to re- drill the holes but hate to do damage to the skulls strength. Once again MM faithful i appreciate your help, any one see this issue yourselves and have a solution?
You can bend the pins to give better angle into the antler.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom