Elk tag dilema

rydub01

just got a $280 hit for a late elk hunt Nov 10-18th. im not sure if it's mine or my wifes. problem is she is due to have our second child on the 14th of Nov. both of us had less than half of max points so we probably wouldn't draw again for 5+ years. if she drew it we are turning back in, what should i do if i drew? whats the policy for turning tags back in?

I suggest you turn it in if you want to keep the peace with your wife :) I believe you can turn in tags up to the opener however you will not be reimbused the $280 (unless this has changed).

Good Luck!

Better hope it was your wife that drew. You will get your money and points back turning her tag in. With a valid medical reason.

Depends on where the tag is? What unit? Will you have cell service? If it were me I would talk to the doc and schedule to start her a week early and go on the hunt;)

central mountains manti, not much service where i hunt it. she's telling me to go anyway. the way i look at the draw odds, there's a 2/3 chance she drew it to 1/3 for me. she had 13%, i had 6.8%. also i am in a wheelchair and will probably get an extension to hunt. crossing my fingers.

I would also go talk to the DWR. I have heard of people having reasons come up where they couldn't hunt, so the division let them keep their tag for next year.

My little brother was due the day that my dads once in a lifetime bison hunt started. My mom told my dad that as soon as she had the baby and everything checked out that we were going on the bison hunt. My dad didn't even have any choice. My mom ended up having my little bro 2 days before the hunt started, and we drove down the day before the opener. My dad got his buffalo opening morning and we were back home the next day.

If you turn the tag back in 30 days (I think) prior to the season you will keep your points and money except a small transaction fee.

We had to do it last year.

Grizzly

Haven't you heard.......two things you never do during hunting season.......get married and have kids (birthdays).

HAHA yeah i knew it would come back and get me some how. funny thing is my dad missed my birth by 4 hours because he was on the same mountain we drew. i turned out ok and my ma hasn't divorced him yet:) thanks for all the suggestions and stories.anybody else have any luck turning there tags in and pushing it back until the next year?

If you wife drew out she can get a variance with a Dr. note. My wife did this 2 years ago we found out she drew for mt. goat but was pregnant. We went in to the division office and they had a paper we filled out and had the Dr. fill his part The division reviewed it, once it was approved they gave her the same tag for the next year with no fee. It was pretty easy really. So maybe hope it's her than no problem.

Good luck either way

When I was in the service and some guys wife was having a baby, and he wanted to be there, the Navy said,
"You only need to be there to make the baby, you don't need to be there to give it birth"

Makes sense to me in this case.......LOL!

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

Ouch! That is a dilemma. If your wife is anything like my wife it would be a no brainer to turn the tag back in!
If you haven't learned this by now, women are crazy when they are pregnant! Hormones are fluctuating, emotions are on the surface and they tell you to do one thing but really they are just testing you to see if you really do "love" them. Never, ever trust a pregnant woman during her last trimester. Trust me, I speak from personal experience. It has led to PTSD for me and every year it gets brought up by family, friends and sometimes her.

Sorry, but somebody needs to warn you about the darkside :)

On a different note, if this is your first baby she will probably go a week later. So just do it.

Good luck, but be in tune to what she is really saying or it will come back to haunt you. (Hopefully, your wife is not like mine when she is pregnant).

>Haven't you heard.......two things you never
>do during hunting season.......get married
>and have kids (birthdays).

Thats no joke haha. Well i hunt with rifle but i could never hunt bow cause my anniv always seems to be the opener aug 21st. So when we just had our first kid i told her 9-10 before oct-nov we are going to stop trying haha.

Aren't you from Utah? that means your most likely mormon and are working on becoming a god right? well that means you probably will breed faster than a fly which means you should only apply for bonus points until you two are done with making kids. by that time you will have 30 bonus points and can go hunt anywhere you want.

Just sayin.

LAST EDITED ON May-21-12 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p]Stinky,
I used to think you were funny and had interesting posts. Now I think you may have a few problems. It appears that you have a few problems. I'm pretty sure this is a hunting forum on Monster Muleys.

>Aren't you from Utah? that means
>your most likely mormon and
>are working on becoming a
>god right? well that means
>you probably will breed faster
>than a fly which means
>you should only apply for
>bonus points until you two
>are done with making kids.
>by that time you will
>have 30 bonus points and
>can go hunt anywhere you
>want.
>

That's some funny schnit right there. Don't care who you are...

Humor aside, I'd turn the tag back if it was me. I've only drawn four elk tags in my life. With one of them, my daughter was born in mid August. Archery season opened two weeks later. I tried to keep it to a minimum and only hunt weekends in Sept. Didn't matter, it lit a schnit storm and I'm still getting crap about it 10 years later...

LAST EDITED ON May-21-12 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-21-12 AT 01:59?PM (MST)

Wow stinky, that was out there. im not really a religious man or a rabbit so that doesn't really come into play. anyways thanks for the responses. i think ill be able to hunt it if i draw due to an extension i get for being in a wheelchair. now i just have to wait and hope that its my name on the tag. ill keep everyone updated.

In case none of you were aware I write on here to make myself and my wife laugh. I still think that one was friggin hilarious. My wife called me a jerk again but I don't care I got a good laugh out of myself and thats all that matters.

I don't know about you guys but me and the voices in my head entertain ourselves all day long. lol

"My wife called me a jerk again but I don't care I got a good laugh out of myself and thats all that matters."

Sounds like you are the kinda guy to give a girl an STD and laugh at HER for having the STD.

I drew the tag, my wife says go so im gonna hunt. ill probably be single come mid November so hide your daughters lol.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom