Elk teeth sample?

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
About a week before my LE bull hunt in Utah I recieved a packet in the mail from the UDOW. The letter asked if I would send in 2 teeth if I was successful in harvesting an animal. I ended up taking a bull on the first day and sent in 2 teeth as they asked. The letter stated that the teeth would be analyzed for health and age purposes and I would be notified as to the age of my bull. Anyways I was curious if anyone has done this before and how long did it take to hear back from them? I think it is pretty cool to find out the age of my bull. Thanks!

Ya-I think it is pretty cool to know the age of your animal. I shot a bull in Utah last year and sent in the teeth and got the info back in a couple of months-they aged my bull at nine years.

Hoss,

Call the DWR directly. They can tell you over the phone what his age was. Don't hold your breathe waiting to get something from them. It takes forever!!

I did this last year as well and it took until late March to get the results and I had to call Anita Candelaria at the DWR direct to get them. It ended up being a 12 yr old bull.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-10 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]The tooth data is updated for anyone that sent in teeth from their UT bull. My bull was aged at 5 years old.

If you look under your profile on the DWR website, where you filled out your harvest survey, at the bottom of the survey you will see where they have entered your bulls age.......at least, that is where found mine.

My wife hunted the Bookcliffs in 2007 for deer and her tooth data still is not on the fish and game web site.I had to call to get the age.
I hunted it in 2009 and my age was on there a month ago????

Try to e-mail
[email protected]>

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom