Elk time is here

N

NMelkhunter

It's hard to sit here at work and think about my buddies who drew bow tags and are stomping around the mountains looking for a bull. I have 7 more weeks of torture before its my turn. Hope they're having fun and right in the middle of them this morning. Anyone else struggling with the same?

My dad and brother left for 16B yesterday. My dad drew the 1st hunt, my brother and I both drew the 2nd. I can hardly stand being at work while they are down there.... I will be headed out on Friday for the remainded of my dads hunt (if he hasn't stuck one before then)
The weather looks hot and dry, should be good for him as he will be sitting water.... I'll keep ya posted.

My 12 yr old has his youth elk hunt 10/2. After that we know someone for every other elk hunt in our unit so we will be involved in some way.

Youth ibex we know 4 kids with tags. Gonna be there for opening morning with Khart, our glass, and see if we can find an ibex for someone.

First year not really involved in archery hunt.

Gonna go check my cameras.

Me and the wifes navajo nation elk hunt started today. It runs till feb 31st but we only get 30 hunt days. I would like to go scout with my guide and help find bulls but I may need every single one of those 30 hunt days once we do locate a monster and a scouting day would be considered burning a hunt day. So far he's found several 320 to 330 bulls, one 340 to 350 bull and one a little over 360. Normally I would go kill the 360 but my guide says bigger are around. All I know is that I wanna go chase bulls.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

What's the hunting like on the Navajo res. Can you apply or do you have to work with the res.

Tick tock, tick tock! :( Waiting until October 20th. I'm heading over to Unit 1 in AZ weekend after Labor Day. 4 friends drew cow tags and one got a bull tag. Besides, one friend has my elk gambrel and I'm thinking positively I'll need it for our hunt!

>Me and the wifes navajo nation
>elk hunt started today. It
>runs till feb 31st but
>we only get 30 hunt
>days. I would like to
>go scout with my guide
>and help find bulls but
>I may need every single
>one of those 30 hunt
>days once we do locate
>a monster and a scouting
>day would be considered burning
>a hunt day. So far
>he's found several 320 to
>330 bulls, one 340 to
>350 bull and one a
>little over 360. Normally I
>would go kill the 360
>but my guide says bigger
>are around. All I know
>is that I wanna go
>chase bulls.
>
>
>ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde
>ego sum bardus (I participate
>on monstermuleys therefore I am
>stupid)

Too bad your hunt doesn't go until February 32 stinky....That's when all the 400" bulls show up! LOL..

I have to wait till Nov for the hunt I really want to go on. Elk in Co. Nov. 17 hope like crazy it snows hard on the 16.

Coues deer in AZ. in Oct. so that should keep me from going nuts while I wait.

Helped a friend pack one out last night,the Bull rough scored 382 but should net out around 375ish,perfect 7X7 shot him at 10 yards at a waterhole, his son passed on four young bulls before Mr Big came in. Still have a 345ish hitting the tank, im hopeful his son closes the deal on him.

Congrats to your friend and good luck to his son. If you can, post some pics. What unit are they in?

Can't believe in this day and age of technology he only has a 35mm camera, but i'll scan it and post. I don't like to talk about unit's,IMHO this is THE Big Bull unit.So anyhow, the bulls have been screaming for the last two weeks,some day's better then other's.Oh yeah,this is very much public land.

leave for the elk hunt 2 weeks from manana, will hunt the 18th-24th...oh, leaving for 34 tomorrow to look for some deer...good luck to all and be safe...

ps...anxious to see the pick of that toad!

Heading out in 6 Days! I've been packed for a week! I'm bound to be forgetting something though. Good luck to everyone.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom