Elk unit 16 ?

R

Rem308

Anyone hunt unit 16 for elk.Looking for info on elk hunting shirley Mountain public land .Any info on deer or elk in the area would be helpful.

lots of buetiful country with some big bulls. just about everyone in casper who doesn't apply for mudd or larmie peak applys for this area. not the greatest deer area t6hough to many hunters from casper and rawlins with genral tags slaughter them. but there is more deer than there is on muddy.

moseley middleton

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-08 AT 02:44PM (MST)[p]The DOW told me that for elk,unit 16 is a limited draw area with a total of arround 450 permits given.The deer hunters start Oct.15 but the elk hunters season is Oct. 1-14
This sound correct ?

I have hunted that area for the better part of my hunting career. There are alot of good elk to be found in there but this time of year they have moved onto there winter ground in the freezouts. bow season is some of the best time to find them in the mountain after that you better catch them moving out of the mountain itself. if your looking for deer you better start knockng on doors like mosley said they get hit pretty hard. It is really starting to decline in trophy quality since anybody and there brother shoot the first thing they see.

I don't understand why someone would shoot a small buck. If they want the meat,shoot a doe and let the bucks grow.That is what we do here on our place in Michigan and it has really made a difference in quallity .

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-08 AT 06:39PM (MST)[p]The units that I have hunted has had doe license left over after the NR draw for several years,Don't know about any other units.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom