elk unit 39 ?

J

jeremie

looking into hunting unit 39 for elk and deer in 2012.Just wondering if anyone can give me some basic advice on the unit cant find all that much info on the unit. Its got high success rates on the riffle hunt and its in the bighorns which should mean the quility is there just wondering why it is so easy to draw.backpack hunter willing to do whatever it takes to find a good bull and buck not looking for honeyholes just basic info thanks for any info .good luck in the upcoming draw season.

I had a feeling that might be the case is unit 38 a different story or any other unit in the bighorns other than 45 which i do not have enouph points to draw.I can get to anywhere the elk and deer are. all the units have good success rates.thanks for the info guys.

I bowhunted 45 last year for elk and only saw only 1 mule deer buck, and more people than I thought (lots of hikers in that unit). I ran into more hunters than I thought too. I should have put in for 38, it's a very big zone of quality elk habitat (more than 45 I think) with less people. Most important for me 38 has no wilderness to speak of, so you would have more area to hunt.

Since I burned all my points I'll be trying for a random tag in 38 this year. I looked at 39 two years ago and acess seems limited to only a few spots, but there are less tags so maybe it's good if you can hike in some distance.

thanks for the info I have looked into 38 and know I am actuelly leaning towards unt 40. But with a couple weeks left to put in who knows what i can find out about 40 might change my mind again.

Mat, just wondering what your thoughts are on Unit 45. Alot of elk? Private? Wilderness? Did you get a Elk?

Thanks

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom