Elk units 31,32,124

coyoteslayer

If anyone hunted these units for elk this year, I would be interested in how your hunt went. I have max points and trying to find some current first hand knowledge on how the hunt was this year. Thank you

Just FYI in 124 you are looking at around 15% draw odds in the special and usually under 10% in the regular PP draw…. So even at max points you might be another 5 years to draw or more…

If anyone hunted these units for elk this year, I would be interested in how your hunt went. I have max points and trying to find some current first hand knowledge on how the hunt was this year. Thank you
I got 14 and watching the good units . at 67 , 68 by time of hunt this will be my last Wyoming hunt. Don't have to be Fraid to tell this old man where to go. ....................................BULL!

Just FYI in 124 you are looking at around 15% draw odds in the special and usually under 10% in the regular PP draw…. So even at max points you might be another 5 years to draw or more…
31 has similar odds as 124 and 32 appears to be the only one that you would draw for sure…

I have been watching the odds real close for years now, and at least they are getting above 10% finally. It may be awhile before I guarantee draw, but would still be interested in hearing how hunts went for people in these areas, so I can make a decision on what unit to start looking at. My son just moved to Evanston, so he could start scouting areas for me.

Be interested in how you do. Been looking at 38 for 3 Years ,Good
Be interested in how you do. Been looking at 38 for 3 Years ,Good Luckand let me know Please.....................BULL!
I hunted with an outfitter on a large ranch in 38, and did not kill a bull, the elk were there, and other hunters killed or missed some big bulls, and on day 5 one hour before dark we spotted six bulls, one was a 350,and the next biggest probably 320- 330, but couldnt close the distance before dark. saw some great country, and just a matter of being in the right place, if i could have hunted on my own without the guide, i'm sure i would have killed a big one, i hunted elk enough, and this was the only time i have gone guided.

Thanks, Sorry it didn't work out. I been on a few Guided hunts that I knew I could have done better on my own. ..............................BULL!

Saw a giant bull in 124 this morning. In an area where I’ve never seen an elk before.
The last 4 years we are seeing a lot more random elk in that country. Places where we never saw them. This year I found a small herd about 30 miles in an area where they have not been.

Any pics of the bull?

The last 4 years we are seeing a lot more random elk in that country. Places where we never saw them. This year I found a small herd about 30 miles in an area where they have not been.

Any pics of the bull?
He was in the cottonwood trees right where you pull off 789 onto the sand creek road. No pics.

He was in the cottonwood trees right where you pull off 789 onto the sand creek road. No pics.
Pics would have been cool. There are a few elk near there.... About 6 years ago we were seeing a 340-350 bull about 2miles north of where the Sand creek and Poison Buttes. 3 years ago I found a 330 bull on Windmill. There was a group on Salazar 2 years ago as well. They seem so out of place in those areas.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom