Elk

Unit 76 1st rifle for my dad! I will be taking vacation and helping out can't wait!!!! I have bowhunted the unit but never been there in October if anyone has any pointers let me know! We already have several places picked out to scout but any and all suggestions would be welcome. Pm preferably

LAST EDITED ON May-24-16 AT 01:03PM (MST)[p]Can someone post a pic of a successful (resident) cow elk draw?

thanks

3 or 4 people with 20 points could jack everything up. You can't track people that just put in for points and where they intend to use them..I had the most points in the unit I intended to put in for a few years back. Thinking it would be a slam dunk for the 3 tags given to Res in this one unit. No one in front of me and only my friend and I had 17. Others had 15 and so on down the line. Someone put in with 23 points and 5 other people showed up with 17 ...We were lucky as heck as we did something a little bit stupid and put in as a group, but we had to get drawn next, if someone else that had 17 would of drawn and then me, we would of got kicked out because of the 2 tags(Group) application..So we got real lucky that we were actually the second name pulled for the 3 tags available...and not the 3rd name pulled.

>WOW ! I cannot imagine saving
>points for 18-20 years.

As long as i can get an OTC tag or leftover Cow tag it isn't too bad..But, you really feel the pressure when you do get your tag...If I had money I would be able to hunt different states and maybe go on a guided trip. Landowner vouchers are expensive as well as guided trips. Maybe one day i will save enough to go on a guided hunt..Maybe Moose in Ak or Elk in NM or Wyo.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom