Elk

Salmon

Good Evening, Was wondering if anyone might suggest a unit where (2) 62 year old men might draw a tag. Have been trying to get Mt Emily but with 15 points if doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. We are in fairly good shape, have wall tent etc for camping. No ATV's or horses. Just 4 wheel drive. Would like nice bulls but don't have to giants etc. At least a place where we have a decent chance. Any info would be great. PM me if you want and thanks in advance...Tom

Res or non res? NR I assume.

You're in a tough spot, too many points for an average hunt and not enough for the top hunts for years.

If you have another guy you want to bring in you might apply as a party and average your points. stop letting OR hose you for license fees. there are many options for a low hunter number quality hunt with so so quality bulls if that would work for you.

I'm ashamed of the way we screw the NR in this state.

Stay thirsty my friends

my favorite area went up in smoke this past summer, haven't been up to see the damage yet......?

dude did you say you had a deer tag for Murds crk? this year?

Yes I hunted deer there a few days. they had the entire 100 sq mile burn area shut off to hunters. I went in anyway, didn't see anymore deer there than outside. it sucked for deer but I saw a fair number of elk.

It burnt in a random pattern, nuked a few areas, helped others, missed others completly. in a few years it will be fine. unlike the Shaketable complex next to it that one really messed things up a few years ago. it will be at least 100 years before that looks like a forest again.

Stay thirsty my friends

Back
Top Bottom