elusive mountainman roams southern utah!

I remember when I was a kid and wanted to be a mountain man... then I got older and discovered the joys of women! That was the end of that idea.

Kind of worries me now. I was planning on wandering around in camo with my rifle slung tomorrow. Hopefully no one will try to apprehend me.

Other than the burglaries, he's living my fantasy. Like a man should live. Goes wherever he wants, answers to no one.
Now thats Freedom!!!
He's definitely got a "pair".

>Kind of worries me now.
>I was planning on wandering
>around in camo with my
>rifle slung tomorrow. Hopefully no
>one will try to apprehend
>me.

You're Right bean!

Hope this ain't like when the FBI reported Malvo & his partner to be in a White Van when actually it was a Monte Carlo(can't remember the color but sure the Hell wasn't White!)and every time somebody heard a shot or a bang they were all looking for a white Van,WAJ!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

If they really want to catch this guy, maybe they should quit sending the "Men In Black" after him and start sending the men in "Camo!" Seems to me like a good Hunter/Tracker would be better at this... someone who thinks more like the "game" being hunted; someone who thinks like a Mountain Man??

?-ERock-> ?

I am pretty sure if you place a bar of soap and a bucket of warm water nere his last location, you would catch him! or atleast smell him coming out of the trees.

I thought about posting about this... with a link to the pic. If you get a chance... look at the pic really close... it looks like Founder from the side! }> LMAO!

Seriously, anyone else notice this? Brian, you been a way for a while? :)

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Yes, they have a trail cam pic. Did anybody ever think it might be 2 months old? How good of a tracker are you now with 2 months of snow on top of his tracks? Somebody will get close to him at some point. Hopefully he's not willing to kill to get away.

I think he looks like the man in "The postman Movie" I wonder if he has a 8 burned in his shoulder.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

The chances of this story ending well seems very slim. I doubt the cops are going to get the drop on this guy, considering the circumstances. It'll probably end in a shootout. I just hope he doesn't surprise some cabin owners and some innocents get hurt.

They need to put a large bounty, dead or alive on this guy.

This will probably end up in a shootout. We recently had a similar case in the CA. redwoods near Ft. Bragg. Local mental case and would be outdoor marijuana grower killed a foresty employee and a county supervisor when they got too close, by accident, to his hideout.

Law enforcement used men on the ground to herd him towards a paticular direction where they had SWATT teams covering the best avenues of escape. He walked into a hidden SWATT team and was killed when he failed to obey shouts to drop his weapon.

RELH

"He walked into a hidden SWATT team and was killed when he failed to obey shouts to drop his weapon."

I can see it now... they let the hairlip guy shout out, "THROP YOUR HUN!!!" "BOOM" :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey; he committed suicide by cop. One officer shouted while the other officer had his sights on him. He made the mistake of raising his rifle to his shoulder and the county was saved the expense of a homicde trial and a lawyer trying to get him off on a insanity plea.

I can tell you a story that goes with what you said on another case, but not here.

RELH

"...the county was saved the expense of a homicde trial and a lawyer trying to get him off on a insanity plea."

+1

About the Utah guy, he's a frigging thief! Hope somebody nails em!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The Authorities have been after this Guy for a few years now . This Mountain had broken into my best friends cabin twice in the last 2 years , by "Strawberry point" just South East of Duck Creek village . The area this mountain man has been roaming is some very rugged inaccessible country . He has been seen in the boundaries of Zion Park . This guy covers a lot of ground .

If he keeps it up I hope he's the only one who takes a dirt knapp!

Ya deadibob, it's a Rem 600 for sure, I had one and a couple 660's too. Only question now is, what caliber does he use?

Zeke

Only short action stuff works in the 600, like .243, .308 etc. Still pretty standard stuff. The 6.5 rem and the .358 guns had a laminated stock.

Monster Muley CSI... Tare this guys equipment apart and profile the SOB.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

>He broke into a friends cabin
>and stole a gun and
>left a gun--guess he had
>a conscience that day! Or
>only had ammo for one
>caliber...

His typical Modus Operendus has been to upgrade an item if the opportunity is there. Example.....if you have a nicer hat than his he will take yours and leave his behind.

It's crazy to thing he's been doing this for 5 years and we only now know who he is. I guess trail cams are good for something afterall.

We need a new thread: betting on when and how he gets caught.

>With that dog-leg bolt and vent
>rib, it looks like he's
>packing a Remington 600.

LMAO, that was the first thing I was trying to figure out!!

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

If it comes to a shooting deal and he kills a LEO or GW or Forset service guy, the hunt will get nasty in a hurry, Just wish they wouldn't wait for that to happen, Now is the time to try and catch him if the trees get all their leaves back on, the plane and helicopter wouldn't be as useful.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom