Enjoy these last few years.

wileywapati

Very Active Member
http://www.sltrib.com/home/2451901-...MOPi&st_refDomain=m.facebook.com&st_refQuery=

Take pictures, take notes and mental snapshots.
That's all the next generation will have left of their
Birthright.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed that it was my generation
That pissed this away for our kids and grandkids.

Great job Utah Republicans!!!

"The State of Utah has not given BGF anything.
They have invested in BGF to protect their
interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

Interesting to see if Federal government will try to sell off blm land before states can take control. 16 trillion in debt!!! 5 years from now it will be 25 trillion and then it becomes a crisis! Not saying states will or won't do better, but I'm kinda sick of all the monuments, wilderness areas, non motorized, no timber cutting, endangered species crap already. With that said, hunting in Ohio when I lived there was crappy, no public land.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-15 AT 10:19PM (MST)[p]....if you trust the feds...you are a moron.....when the Chinese are in control maybe you can hunt

"I'm embarrassed and ashamed that it was my generation
That pissed this away for our kids and grandkids."

Me too, but it's not like we didn't have a chance to do it right and avoid what's happening now.

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Somebody has bought into the propaganda a bit. I think the state is the one being disingenuous here. The intention is not to increase public access, but to increase state revenue. Without a reasonable political counterbalance in Utah, there is just an endless stream of legislators patting each other on the back for "sticking it to the Feds."

The Feds are far from perfect, but even amidst the monuments and wilderness designations, have done a far better job protecting and preserving our wildlife and wild areas than the state has HISTORICALLY SHOWN that they would. Politics isn't a team sport. When one side is wrong about an issue, even if we largely agree with other tenets of their platform, we can't sit back and remain silent.

What a freaking crock. But until hunters will vote against them in a Primary or vote for a Democrat in a General Election, they know they're safe and will keep pushing their agenda.

Grizzly

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-15
>AT 10:19?PM (MST)

>
>....if you trust the feds...you are
>a moron.....when the Chinese are
>in control maybe you can
>hunt

Homer, if you trust the Utah State Legislature, you
Would be the moron.

The SITLA fiasco and HB 141 are evidence of what's
To come.

The Chinese?? Who needs them when we as hunters keep
Electing our own feudal lords to reign over the kings deer??

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

This is so disappointing. I still think this land transfer scheme is a pipe dream and will never happen but as sportsmen we need to be diligent and keep pushing back.

-Hawkeye-

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-15 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]hey guys what about chatting with these republicans who's beliefs line up with hunters and push for them to institute a bill that says the state is not allowed to sell these public lands? Is that possible? Or do you truly believe it's about selling and profiting from the sale?

Every State fiscal problem would be met by selling off our birth-right.

While I think the Feds could do a better job than what they do and allow more State input, I think the States would be more than happy to sell it all....a piece at a time.

It would be a slippery slope if the States ever took ownership of the land.

"A little here, a little there....."

Zeke

I agree the feds don't do everything perfect. I know they would do a much better job than the states though. The budget to run the federal land is really high, and in no way can the states afford that. So they would just sell the federal ground off, one piece at a time. I am so sick of legislators who don't listen to the people, that I might start voting democrat just to prove a point to them.

>Every State fiscal problem would be
>met by selling off our
>birth-right.
>
>While I think the Feds could
>do a better job than
>what they do and allow
>more State input, I think
>the States would be more
>than happy to sell it
>all....a piece at a time.

No doubt about it. In my lifetime, politicians and lawyers have shown me all I need to see. Proven track record. The promoters of this crap will tell you over and over lies that this won't lead to the sale of any public land. Then 3 or 4 years down the road they will say "Oh but things have changed now. There's no other way to finance our state budget deficit.".

And they will conveniently leave out the part about the source of their deficit..............unsustainable entitlement programs they promoted to get elected. This formula never changes. They just appeal to the stupid, ignorant, selfish constituents of voters who have extremely short memories. Don't think so??? Where did Jerry Weirs end up after taking bribe money to ramrod AZHB2072 theft of 500 primo big game tags?..........even confessed on TV when caught red handed............one year later voted mayor of Glendale. Go figure.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I would encourage you to work with your state elected officials to ensure that you have a seat at the table should this happen.
Currently, the federal government could sell these lands to settle the national debt without consulting with state elected officials or state citizens.
Why is it that every Tom, Richard and Harry has a say in how western states are managed?
There is a reason that the environmental groups don't like public lands being transferred to western states. They know that their funding model will need to be retooled and that their costs will go way up, as they will need to be in every state rather than simply peddling their influence in Washington, D.C.
Sportsmen need to be getting involved and push to ensure that the states do maintain public access to public lands and that those lands are managed for multiple and sustainable use.
How many U.S. Congressmen do you think care about hunting and your respective states? When you look at the BIG picture, don't you see that your respective states are far more likely to listen to and be responsive to those which elect them directly? Get involved and ensure that our public lands remain accessible to the public even if ownership/management switches from federal to state.
If you want to learn more, visit the American Lands Council website at http://www.americanlandscouncil.org

I also realize that there are frustrations with Federal Land Management Agencies.

But, on the other hand, the hunting/fishing public spends millions of hours/days per year enjoying those lands.

I think about the quality/number of big-game I've taken on Federal Public lands, the diversity of animals I've hunted on public lands, animals I've trapped, the number of fish I've caught, etc.

The view from here is, over-all, the management just isn't as "bad" as most are making it out to be.

The same can be said for motorized users, hikers, horseback riders, campers, bird watchers....millions of days per year using their Federal Lands.

That wouldn't be happening if the level of mismanagement that some whine about was even close to reality.

Who would want to hunt on Federal lands if there were no deer, elk, bighorns, black bears, furbearers, etc. etc. etc. to found if the land was so poorly managed?

Same goes for all others user groups that enjoy Federal Lands.

We all have it pretty damn good IMO, with how the Federal Lands are managed...cant say the same for State lands.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-15 AT 11:32AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-15 AT 11:30?AM (MST)

Bob,

You of all people should know that state level politicians don't care about Sportsmen any more than those of the national stripe...

You see what goes on in Cheyenne, yes?

If those assclowns in Wyoming were more responsive to "those that elect them", we wouldn't be wasting 75K to study the feasibility of something that wont happen. I can assure you, they ALL received massively more comments opposing this half-baked land transfer idea than they got in support.

Yet, they are choosing the "low road" as per always and ignoring those who "elected them"...

The precise reason why they'll chit down both pant legs when the oil and gas in Wyoming dries up and turn the State of Wyoming, along with its public lands, into a real-estate business first chance they get.

If they're such good stewards of the land, why then does the State of Wyoming not allow us to camp on State lands? Why did they peddle 700,000 acres of state land already? Why did they allow State holdings on Battle Mtn. to be leased for less than $1/acre? Why do they only charge outfitters 15 cents an acre to use state lands for their clients?

Hardly the work history of someone I want to entrust to do the "right thing" by sportsmen with MY PUBLIC LANDS.

And yes, I am involved...

I live in the "most conservative state in the union". GET REAL. In utah we have a ton of republicans. To be elected in Utah you have to be the "very most conservative" most "outragged", "anti washington". So lets see this for what it is, these clowns want theie power, the power to control tax money, and power to ward off election challengers. To stay in Utah you either have to sell "Hill Field is going to close without me", or you have to do something anti washinton. The first time they refuse a single Washington dollar I will pay attention. Until then, see it for what it is:

SFW is going to save the mule deer, if we just let them do their thing.

BGF is going to save us from the wolves, for just a little cash.

Utah is going to get back the land from the feds, if we just elect them for 30 or 40 years.

The real question is, what is it about Utahns that makes them trust SOMEONE ELSE to save them? We seem to buy into this kind of propaganda a lot easier than any other state.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Hoss asks a pertinent question. "Why does Utah buy into
Propaganda"?? I'd love to know as well.

I know personally, and I'm sure most would agree,
I vote according to my own priorities. For many money
Is at the top of that priority list. Keeping more of what you
Earn, earning a bigger salary and accumulating chit, is
What matters most.

Money is not in the top 5 for me personally, I'm far from rich
But I ain't going hungry either.

I guess that's why Tri gets me going when he insists every F'n
Thing in this world has to have a price tag associated with it.
Until we as hunters realize that wildlife and our public lands
Aren't commodities that are used to earn a profit, we are bound
To keep hanging ourselves. My old man always used to tell me
That once everything becomes for sale, a man's personal integrity
Is usually part of the package.

It is simply fact that Utah Republicans are making the push
For these lands. Yet a Democrat like Jim Dabakis calls bullchit
On this and SFW and BGF and I'll bet under 2% of you reading this
Wouldn't even think of voting for him because he's an evil Democrat.

Like Eel, mentioned about the good book. We can only serve
One master but we keep trying to force that damn camel through
The eye of the damn needle.

There's 18 months to push for change.

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

...the truth is gonna hurt wileywapiti.......but mormons would sell their mother....

......no offense to all my mormon friends....

Setting aside whether you agree or disagree with Clive Bundy, how many of you would make a physical stand like he did to protect what you thought was your right to access of public lands?

Be they State lands or Federal lands.

Clive Bundy is simply a throw back to a bygone era. Read some history, read about the Lincoln Country wars, read about the wars that took place between open rangers and those that fenced it in. Clive Bundy believes that he is above the law. I don't necessarily like the law, SO CHANGE IT. When you start threatening war, or openly advocating for it, then I am with the cop.

Clive Bundy believes he, by virtue of living is ENTITLED to something. The same ENTITLED beiefs that right now burn cities, like Baltimore, are followed by Clive. HE IS NO ROBIN HOOD. YOu can bet your azz he loves the government trappers. He is pro keeping his land in the green belt. WE already know he loves the free feed you and I pay for.

I am a libertarian, I am pro small central government, pro "live and let live", but what Bundy is is an ENTITLED, SELF IMPORTANT, A-HOLE. IN my eyes he is no different than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, BLOWHARDS who believe the word owes them something.

>"whether you agree or disagree with
>Clive Bundy"
>
>"would you make a physical stand"
>?

Come to my house and touch my daughter, you bet your azz. To continue receiving "free cheese" from the government, while advocating war against it, thats not standing for something, its standing to GET something. Those boys that are fighting for ATV access are doing a good thing, IMO, then Al Sharpton(the bundys) show up and the credibility is lost.

Clive Bundy sees himself as a martyr, fighting for a cause, what is his cause?? Not paying taxes? Squatting? What is he fighting for other than being ENTITLED? I hunt on land that a rancher owns. In the summer he runs his cattle on the mountain. Whether your pro or anti this practice, or if you believe the pricing structure is wrong, HE PAYS HIS FEE, just like all the other guys doing the same. Bundy believes his family was here first so he shouldn't. Guess that means if your family came in with the mormons you shouldn't pay taxes either?

Clive Bundy is a greedy incredibly self centered POS. Maybe everyone should be intitled to 600 thousand acres of land to feed their cows? Who says Clive gets it all? What a joke?

We will see what happens when this land gets sold and closed off? It may be time for a revolution.

American lands council? Or public lands council? Or whatever Smoketstick is promoting, talk about some sickening stuff? Unreal.

Thanks Joe, my pleasure.

"States, Keep yer paws off our Public lands!"

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom