ePack Wheel?

Bigfoot 1

Very Active Member
Do any of you have any experience with the ePack Wheel? (motorized game cart basically.) It’s expensive and before I pull the trigger I would like to hear the pros and cons from you. Thanks in advance.

I don't have one, but I know a few serious hunters that do and they swear by them. They use them on fairly steep trails and pack 100# or more at a time.

I don't have one, but I know a few serious hunters that do and they swear by them. They use them on fairly steep trails and pack 100# or more at a time.
I’m trying to find out as much as I can about them before I shell out $2,600. There are a few YouTube videos but nobody gets in depth about battery life and maintenance issues.

I have the brand called Pack Wheel. I have used it extensively packing game and camp into the mountains. I don't know about the brand you are referencing.

Battery life on mine is no issue at all. It will run for many days without a recharge. Biggest maintenance issue is throwing the chain when going through heavy brush. Much like a bicycle. Sort of a pain as I generally have to unload to reinstall the chain, but not a major issue. You can also break the chain if under heavy load and going over logs, etc., so always keep spare repair links.

I would buy it again, and have many miles and loads of meat on mine. Of course it doesn't walk itself, and it has limitations like everything, but nothing that isn't obvious. I limit my loads to 200 pounds, even though it is rated for 250.

Good luck,
Bill

We used one last year packing out a very big bear. The biggest thing is to get the weight even on both sides for balance. It’s a 2 person deal to make it easier on the balancing act as this one only had one wheel. Came out of a hellhole just fine. Not sure the brand name but I could find out.

We used one last year packing out a very big bear. The biggest thing is to get the weight even on both sides for balance. It’s a 2 person deal to make it easier on the balancing act as this one only had one wheel. Came out of a hellhole just fine. Not sure the brand name but I could find out.
Thanks to all

I’m trying to find out as much as I can about them before I shell out $2,600. There are a few YouTube videos but nobody gets in depth about battery life and maintenance issues.
I'll ask them what brand they have. I know they aren't cheap, but not as much as a horse and the accessories that goes with them.

Yeah that’s what I thought. There should be an exception as the foot print is no larger than the manual deer cart I use now.

I just recently ran across them also. I was packing the wheel bearings on an old deer cart and I thought surely there’s got to be an easier way to get game out. It looks easier but it’s expensive. I’m trying to cut corners as I get older, the easy part is getting them, the hard part now is getting them out.

Bean, I know it is not legal to take any motorized vehicle off trail to pack camp in or hunt, but is there an exception for retrieving game in non-wilderness areas?

Even if you only used it to pack out an animal, would be very useful.

Last edited:
Some areas of the Forest allow motorized off road travel for game retrieval, only about 100 yds or so though I believe. A motorized cart off trail would get you a ticket I would bet. Pack your game to the motorized cart waiting on an appropriate trail.

Bean, I know it is not legal to take any motorized vehicle off trail to pack camp in or hunt, but is there an exception for retrieving game in non-wilderness areas?

No, there is not, at least not on public land in Colorado. I wouldn’t say anything to someone using a packwheel off trail, I don’t see how they could do any real damage. I will get in the face of motorized or mtn bikes in Wilderness though. On a horse back trip in the west elks one time we ran into a group of mtn bikers and made them turn around. We then went up trail a bit and waited in the woods and sure enough we had to turn them around a little more emphatically.

Unless I’m misremembering (easy to do these days), last I looked large sections of the San Juan NF allow off road travel (where I’m familiar with)?

This matter might be sorta localized.

73896B61-12DE-4DCD-9D03-378A7DC391A7.png

Last edited:

Yes there are exceptions for game retrieval in many places. It all depends on the land ownership and local rules. Heres an example:

24077F59-E298-4039-B4F8-A43DF1E13914.jpeg

Individual district's have some latitude to decide on local rules, the question I’ll ask is how old that statement is?
I think it said 2020 on the website. And you’re right - changes every year.

Just for giggles , I compared it to onx on a couple of trails. Onx is never wrong ?

That looks like so much more work then just putting it on your back and waking out.

Funny to hear the toughest old schoolest hunter on here ( Bigfoot) need all this gadgetry to hunt!! Come on man! I mean you learned yo hunt with out a rangefinder for crying out loud!!

I think your reading comprehension is like your 900 yard big game shots, way off. Nobody asked for anything in that statement above. It’s ok Quigley Down Under, I’m sure you will get your “gotcha moment” on me soon enough.

I think your reading comprehension is like your 900 yard big game shots, way off. Nobody asked for anything in that statement above. It’s ok Quigley Down Under, I’m sure you will get your “gotcha moment” on me soon enough.
My comprehension is off? You can’t comprehend what you yourself wrote :ROFLMAO: Take another swing super man

My comprehension is off? You can’t comprehend what you yourself wrote :ROFLMAO: Take another swing super man
No question mark in my statement. Nobody on this forum to ask to change the law either. Do they have schools where you live?

Pretty good backpedaling but afraid it doesn’t pass the smell test.

You’ve got some new gadgetry you want. It’s not allowed where you want it to be and you have a clear stance that you’d like the rules to be changed to accommodate you and your gadgetry. Pretty inconsistent with the high horse you like to get on regarding gadgetry. Classic buffoon

Pretty good backpedaling but afraid it doesn’t pass the smell test.

You’ve got some new gadgetry you want. It’s not allowed where you want it to be and you have a clear stance that you’d like the rules to be changed to accommodate you and your gadgetry. Pretty inconsistent with the high horse you like to get on regarding gadgetry. Classic buffoon
Yet you still can’t provide where I asked anybody to change the law or even point to a single question in my statement. You are the epitome of a buffoon. Stick to something you know kid and when you figure out what that is let the rest of us know.

Just to be clear about the bear pack out last year. We were totally legal as we came out on a motorized single track trail!
Nice, I hunt deer and elk in two National Forest where off road motorized vehicle is prohibited. Not sure if a battery powered game cart fits in that category, probably does but I will inquire Monday. A previous poster eluded to them being exempt.

Yet you still can’t provide where I asked anybody to change the law or even point to a single question in my statement. You are the epitome of a buffoon. Stick to something you know kid and when you figure out what that is let the rest of us know.
Classic deflection. Focused on the term “asking” ok boomer, how about advocating

You’re just too ignorant to know the difference between a statement and a question.

In order to convert a statement into a question you need to put the verb at the beginning of a sentence and add a question mark at the end.

I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you. I’m sure you hear this a lot.

Now that we’re past that… why does your gadgetry deserve preferential treatment and why shouldn’t I just see you as an inconsistent buffoon on the topic?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom