EPEK BROADHEAD

smoktem

I shoot with the guy(s) that invented this thing and have been hearing about it for a while. Finally got to see it at the expo. I was really impressed, I know I am going to give them a try this year. Anyone else see them or try them yet?

Practiced with them out to 130 yards and they flew as good as a G5 Striker or Montec which are two of the best flying fix blade ones I've tried in the past. The XC3 definately will have a bigger entrance/exit hole and wound channel...still not a big fan of whole mechanical idea but my goal is to kill what I shoot...3D, paper, or live game it's gotta die!!

I think anyone that's seen the video on thier site really knows the XC3 will do the job no questions asked. I think it's worth mentioning also they don't just show you the animals they worked best on, you get to see everything they've killed with the same result time and time again...

I think it's pretty safe to say after using it in May on a turkey that I'll be calling big G saying, thank you and dude guess how bad the Epek crushed that thing!!

...hope I didn't just jynx mydamnself on getting a turkey, sheit!!

~Z~

WOW 130 yards i guess i better practice more i barely feel comfortable at 60 yards

"WOW 130 yards i guess i better practice more i barely feel comfortable at 60 yards"

Just launching sticks in some foam brother lol, no need to assume I'm hunting something that range...however if you're barely comfortable at 60 yards then try practicing a little further out (don't start over 100!!) and you'll be amazed how much more accurate you'll be when you get closer again...that is if you want to or get that bored lol. That's usually my problem this time of year, just get bored so why not launch some absolutely rediculous but safe shots off??

Tell you what though the Epek in practice mode is pretty sweet at any range I've shot it, they're flying great for my setup :)

~Z~

Last year was my first year bowhunting so i still have alot to learn and practice hopefully i will get one with a bow this year if not i will have to take one with the riffle we just scored some sweet property outside of montecello so we will see

I ordered some at the really big show. Im going to try them on Pauns turkey. Never tried mechanicals but these look dependable.Like the fact you can lock the blades and practice with them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom