ER Shaw Barrels ? Any Opinions

oregonmuley

Very Active Member
Was just reading one of my hunting magazines and one of the articles was about building a semi inexpensive sort of custom rifle. The author used a ER Shaw barrel, prior to reading this I didn't know about this company, their costs seem really good for barrels. Even their costs to do the install seem really good. Anybody ever use one of their barrels or know anything about them? Would be interested since they might be the ticket for my 7mm08 rebarrel if they are quality.
Thanks
Frank

I have a 6.5x55 mauser barrel on a 96 mauser action, they did everything except the blueing, no problems, shoots just fine, in a mannlicher length stock of california claro walnut. I would use them again.

Howdy,

ER Shaw went through some company changes a few years ago. Re-structuring and a merger or perhaps a buy-out is what my foggy old brain can remember. I own one of their barrels from before the restructure. It was given to me by my sons. So, of course I barreled it up to a good action. For three years and 500 shots it was good. It has since developed some loose and tight spots in the barrel. Unfortunately, the accuracy went from 3 shot 1/2" @ 100 yard groups to softball size! I am looking to replace it now, and will not go with Shaw!

The reports I have heard since the restructuring are much improved quality and turn-around time. They may be ok now, but fool me once, shame on you.... fool me twice, shame on me! I'll go with another brand.

Hope this helps.

Coach

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom