Euro Taxidermy Thread?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
I'm trying to find a thread I recall. Seems someone found an AZ deadhead and there was a lengthy discussion on various methods for DIY euro mounts. I posted to the thread, but somehow can't find it. Pretty sure it was in 2020. When I search my posts, it doesn't go back far enough. I've tried searching under my name, by dead, by head, by Arizona. Just can't seem to find it.

Anyone else remember that post? Or have a link to it they could share? I've got 2 heads in the freezer, and I want to try it a little different this time.

Thanks.

Founder, any way you could get partial postings on the thread, that outline the methods of creating the Euro mounts, without putting in any postings from the OP?

2D95115A-5EB9-4399-8D3D-070FE4818329.jpeg

1B8FA901-E103-4582-A813-69F8882B109E.jpeg

For those of us that remember the thread, someone said something about wrapping it in plastic wrap instead of simmering for a long time. I'd like to try that. Any pointers?

I guess I could search YouTube, but it's much more fun with my MM friends! :)

Look up maceration and European mount. It's given me the cleanest results with the least work. Much better than simmer/boiling.

Look up maceration and European mount. It's given me the cleanest results with the least work. Much better than simmer/boiling.
Just watched a couple of videos from Skull Hunter. Similar process to simmering, just much longer duration and much lower temperature. He had some good pointers about bone separation and repositioning with Elmers glue. Thanks for the input.

I bought one of those kits from Melby Outdoors and am gonna try it on the two in the freezer.

Joe
This year is the first time I learned of wrapping the skull when applying the peroxide cream. It worked amazing and kept the cream from drying out. I brushed a layer on the skull, put paper towels all over the skull and soaked them with another layer of peroxide cream and then wrapped it. Placed it in a sunny spot and left it for a week. Worked awesome.

1330CEB0-EEAD-49A8-A9F0-B9436846676D.jpeg

I've got a "Buck Boiler" it's a heavy plastic buck with a heating element I got it from Cabela's years ago I use a small amount of Cascade dish washing powder, it works well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom