Everyone ready 4 the dove opener?

C

Chef

Dove season starts this coming week. Can't wait to smell the burnt powder from the 12GA...that's something that always brings me back to being a kid. Waking up early and hunting again!

Don't forget to get your migratory bird stamp guys.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Guess this will be another yr that they flew right by my place cause it's soooooo damn cold, usually get a couple of good days to blast them but not this yr *sigh!*

Ya I can't wait, but I'm wondering how it will be after all of these storms. I don't know about you guys but if there's half as many as last years banner season it will be awsome. Luckyly here in Southern Colorado theres always new birds pushing threw at least until mid Oct.

we'll down here in Yuma the Dove hunting this year is going to be one of the best years we've had in a long time due to the fact that it has'nt rain here for about a year. I got my spot all picked out and it should'nt take more than 30 miniutes to get my limit . If your thinking of doing some of the best dove hunting in the world come on down and you wont regret it.

You bet!! I will be hunting in the Bakerfield area in Ca. First time I will be able to take my son with me :)

Jerry

Whats with the migratory bird stamp thing? Ya'll gotta have that wherever you are for doves? We only have to have a federal migratory bird stamp for waterfowl here in TX.

Jeff

Got my stamp yesterday. I went out and shot clay pigeons yesterday to get ready. Sore shoulder today but should be good to go by Wednesday. Can't wait.

Lots of dove flying over the house each evening. Son wants to shoot so bad he can't stand it. Won't get to hunt until 3rd. First time in years have missed opening day.

Phantom Hunter

Leftees,

If I leave right now I can be there before the opener. ;-)

The cold spell here in Utah has had a definite impact on numbers. However, I have found if you can find a good food source, the source can tend to hold them around awhile. I am going to go try. I would rather try than watch tv all day. :) My shorthair will appreciate that.

One of the best years in recent memory. Blasted a limit of doves two days in a row.

No shortage of doves in frigid Utah.

Went again this morning. This time out in Buckeye. They weren't flying like they were opening day down in Yuma. It's still fun to get out though. I'm really rusty on my shotgunning though. Got to get out there more often.

Chef

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-04 AT 01:21PM (MST)[p]Went out for dove again this morning. Got six in two hours and one box of shells. I went down to Maricopa today. I would have got my limit if it weren't for the stupid shotgun, shells, and camo not doing their job! lol Boy did I miss some easy shots! They weren't flying like opening day but it was a gorgeous morning to be out in the field.

Pheasant?...not that I know of, at least not anymore. Ten years ago I used to see them more often. I know you can have a field day down towards Mexicali in Mexico. Hoprfully will be hunting down there this year for them.

Chef

i finally made it out today, and just as the landowner said: there weren't no doves. spent about 2 hours out there and this is all i got.
36066487429_0_1.jpg

i only shot 9 shells to get these 2 birds, so at least my hit rate is pretty good.

Got plenty of birds left in Yuma. Come on down bring lots of shells. Also did you know there is a Pheasant hunt here in Yuma? If your lucky enough to get drawn, me and my wife got drawn last year and in 1 weekend we spotted aprox. 75 Pheasant. we were lucky enough to get drawn again this year. Season starts Oct. 1st Ive been out scouting a little, looks like its going to be another sucsesfull year. lots of Pheasant all over the Yuma Valley.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom