Evidence of Sex

toolmann

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-13 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]Looking for a little help and couldn't find much on the net. The is the first place I've lived where evidence of sex is required to be attached, and I may be hunting in warm weather without a freezer close by. So my question is, is it even possible to quarter AND skin a deer/antelope and leave evidence attached. I'm specifically interested for my doe antelope hunt this year in case it is warm and we are hours from the house. If I have to quarter and skin it for the ice chest, how do I keep a mammary gland attached. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TM

Tool man

With bulls or bucks, you can leave the head on, or skin everything and leave a patch of hide with a testicle attached to a quarter. I like to leave a piece of the penis attached to the same quarter that I put the tag on, that way the game warden sees both plus I don't leave any hide on at all.

Cows and does, leave as little hair as possible but enough to keep the vulva attached,or leave the head on, but it is hard to pack that way.

Thanks guys, but I should maybe have been more specific. I'm talking about quartering AND skinning to put in an ice chest. So at that point, the carcus would be in peices and having the head attached wouldn't do me much good. Unless you're saying I can leave the head attached to one of the front quarters and put it in an ice chest. Does that count?

I reread your post after posting my previous. That makes sense. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll get to put it to use this year. If it's warm in early Oct. I plan on removing the head, quartering and puttin in the ice chest. I will use your reccomendation if me, my son or my new hunting buddy are successful.

I'm not too worried about deer because we will only be 45 miles from home and have a ton of shaded trees. But if we get Loper tags we will be in unit 135 on the Commanche Grasslands. Definitely no shade down there.

Thanks again.

Make sure you do or you will be fined 150 dollars. I shot a buck this yr in Colorado right before dark in the 3rd season. Those of you that hunted 3rd season this yr all ready know how hot it was. I cleaned the buck and loaded him on my wheeler also tagged the buck after I cleaned him. Got him to the truck and the motel and placed him on top of the coolers with a couple of sticks in his rib cage and back legs so he could cool out. Next morning got up and went huntn again because two of my buddies still had tags. Went to a couple of good oak draws they wanted to hunt. I stayed back at the truck and told tem I would quarter the buck and get in the coolers so he wouldn't spoil. Got it all done picked up my buddies and head for montrose for a bite to eat. Hit a check station and got a ticket for not leaving evidence of sex. I told them my story that I shot the buck last night and tagged him properly and everything. They still gave me a dam ticket, I thought they were way outa line. Told them should of let the buck spoil. Man I was mad.

It's relatively easy to leave a piece of testicle or udder attached to the hind quarters. As noted above just leave a patch of hide naturally attached. This will allow you to get the quarters in bags and in a cooler.

Yeah, I knew it was required here. Our hunts last year were cold enough to not have to worry about quartering and putting in a cooler. Just wanted some advice to do it properly.

I debone mine and still leave it attached to the hindquarter meat.
Once you get an animal on the ground you will see how to do it easy enough.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Thanks Mntman. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do it this year.

I always laugh when I read the last tag line on your posts. Thats because I used to drive a MegaCab Dodge diesel with a 6" lift and 37" tires. I sure miss that truck. Never did tow a lawnmower trailer, but it did tow my 23' boat and a travel trailer like a beast. I don't miss the fuel mileage and $3,000 worth of tires though....

Thanks again,

TM

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom