Executive Director in Hot Water

LoneWati

Charges for Mike King the executive Director for the DNR were dismissed earlier, but now a Judge has thrown that out and now a special prosecutor could review the case. Mike King had permission to hunt on a ranch in Routt county. He is alleged to have driven on a neighboring ranch and hearded elk back to where he was hunting by witness accounts. Mike King maintains he did not exactly know where he was and thought he was on the land he had permission to hunt. Funny how the rules seem to change for the privledged. Any other person on this forum would have been strung up from the begining.

It is a hard one to prove! Those big ranches in that area of the state known for similar practices, but actually proving it is hard!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-15 AT 00:24AM (MST)[p]>It is a hard one to
>prove! Those big ranches in
>that area of the state
>known for similar practices, but
>actually proving it is hard!
>

It can be. The DWM wrote his boss the ticket. Kudos for that! The other landowner watched the trespassing take place. Now, there is aledged disention between the 2 ranches. But with that said, he( Mike King) admitted he did not know where he was and thought he was on the right property. The hearding of the elk, well we know it happens and have seen it myself. But without video I bet he skates on that one. I bet he may get the trespassing while hunting and get a fine and loss of hunting for a couple years and still keep his job! Just an opinion however.

Yeah. They may plea down the charges as well! It is hard to say, but I would think that anything they do will set a precedent for future cases!

Now I usually don't say much on topics that seem to have a lot of opinion attached to it but this one i can't hold back , first of all Mike King is a good guy .... has done a lot for the hunting world and will continue to do so . The case in questions is not at all as posted above . I don't want to get in a pissing match with anyone but at least know your facts before you say negative thing about someone...

Then tell the other side! No one ever said he was a bad guy! From all I have heard it seems as if there was at least enough cause to write a citation! If it happened to be trespassing then that is still against the law and should still be handled!

Also the amount of good he has done and him being a good person does not really mean much! He either tresspeassed or he did not. If anything a person who is supposed to be an ambassador for the sport, the state and for law enforcement, they should be held to a slightly higher level.

In this case no one appears to be bashing him, but at the same time, we should not simply sit back and ignore a potential problem, just because he is a good guy!

I agree with what you are saying he did admit to being on the wrong property but it was marked with the same signs as the ranch he had permission to hunt on... a dispute between landowners brother /sister but the comments about herding elk is a croc... if you know the ranch you don't need to herd anything. plus the part that the certain people get a pass is not fair. don't agree that he should be held at a higher standard than the rest of us.....

>I agree with what you are
>saying he did admit to
>being on the wrong property
>but it was marked with
>the same signs as the
>ranch he had permission to
>hunt on... a dispute between
>landowners brother /sister but the
>comments about herding elk is
>a croc... if you know
>the ranch you don't need
>to herd anything. plus the
>part that the
>certain people get a pass
>is not fair. don't agree
>that he should be held
>at a higher standard than
>the rest of us.....

I believe the word alledged was used in the herding of the elk. Were you there? I wasn't. I also mentioned the troubled history of the two ranches not playing well together. I do believe when you hold a position in which he holds, you do need to be held to a higher standard and there is a history in the past of DNR- DOW employee's getting treated differently when breaking the rules.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom