Executive Gun Control

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-13 AT 08:27PM (MST)[p]They'll likely do what they think they can as Obama is unencumbered by a worry about getting reelected. The supreme court has already determined our rights to bear arms, but the white house can take a regulatory approach to make it aversive. Hopefully a few democrats will realize the possible long term implications of being the party that worked to significantly limit the people's ability to exercise their constitutional rights.

....and by the time it reaches the USSC he will have that stacked......elections have consequences.

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

The problem is they do get it. There wasn't ONE senator or congressman that ran on gun control, nor will there be in 2 years, doing so is a guaranteed loss. Have you not been watching as El Presidente has bypasssed congress for four years. There is a storm brewing, don't get sucked into the "we only want common sense legislation" crap. Common sense would dictate that you don't spend millions to get a job that pays a tenth of that. Common sense dictates that when your out of money you don't spend more. Common sense dictates that if 15% of the population supports what you do, perhaps you should change course. If your not in the NRA, take your guns to the police station and turn them in, your opinions are useless.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-13 AT 09:17AM (MST)[p]I don't need the NRA to speak for me. It is more valuable to send your own personal response o your elected officials. And I'll keep my guns if you don't mind.

Sure, go ahead and be personally involved. Good for you. But pony up the measly $25 and support the NRA. They are on the job 24/7/365 and do the legwork that allows your personal involvement to make a difference.
Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, gets done in politics without an organized groups sponsorship. We need people to get personally involved with their legislators, but without the money and support of the NRA it will mean nothing.
Bill

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-13
>AT 09:17?AM (MST)

>
>I don't need the NRA to
>speak for me. It
>is more valuable to send
>your own personal response o
>your elected officials. And
>I'll keep my guns if
>you don't mind.

Really?

And just exactly what does your personal opinion do to affect how your elected official thinks?
Are you threatening to fire a man who will draw his current salary for life even after he is out? Why would he care?

At least when the NRA is after these jerks, it is representing LOT of of people, not just you. They get media attention, you don't.

You don't have to get in lockstep with the NRA, but you better believe they are the ONLY significant force fighting for our rights.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

+1 guys! The NRA may not be perfect, but they are the ONLY reason we haven't lost a lot more than we have with the likes of Feinstein, Boxer, Shumer, Bloomberg, et al. out there every day scheming for a way to disarm everyone.

>+1 guys! The NRA may
>not be perfect, but they
>are the ONLY reason we
>haven't lost a lot more
>than we have with the
>likes of Feinstein, Boxer, Shumer,
>Bloomberg, et al. out there
>every day scheming for a
>way to disarm everyone.

In all honesty, the NRA is pretty damn good. I have never seen a single organization that has a 100% satisfaction with the people they represent. While you may not agree with everything, rest assured they are the only ones that have afforded us our current liberties with guns. Without the NRA your opinon doesn't mean crap. While it makes me feel good to contact my senators/reps etc. The only thing that truly makes a difference is money. I will never have enough money to influence the voting record of a single person in Washington DC> However when I combine that money with the money of others it adds up.

For those still on the fence, pony up a little, this is a time where major things can happen fast. No one ran for reelection on Gun Control because they new the NRA and its members are strong. Now that they have more control they are going to do all they can. We need to fight this now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom