EXO or Mystery Ranch?

RidgeRebel

Please help me decide between the Mystery Ranch Metcalf or the EXO 3500. Both packs will serve my needs well, I just would like your opinion on durability and ease of use for each. Please let me know which you would go with.

Thanks
RidgeRebel

Don't have any experience with EXO. I have two MR packs (6500 and crew cab) and my wife has the longbow and they are our go to packs. Go with a MR and you will not be disappointed.

I have no experience with the Exo but absolutely love my MR. I have been using the Grizzly for 4 hunting/backpacking seasons now with zero complaints. Cinches up nice for light loads and can expand and handle ALOT of weight. Fully adjustable harness system to make a custom fit, you can also shoot your bow with the pack on if you get caught between setups. Pictured below is my MR Grizzly loaded up with 4 deer quarters, cut meat, rifle, optics, and the head. It sucked really bad but was able to make it out in one trip.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/89025image.jpeg

I really like the "What's in my pack" videos from the Exo guys on YouTube.

The EXO is a great pack. I hunted with that pack for a week this past season with ne I borrowed from a friend. Lots of functionality in the 23500 and the weight of the bag itself is a plus.

I have over 200 days on my Exo. I would not hesitate to buy another one. I have buddies that have Mystery Ranch packs and they love them too.

I think you could flip a coin and not be disappointed. Everyone is making bomber gear now. But I absolutely love my Exo. I have packed 20 or so critters with it and its super comfortable. Their new frame is really nice too. I plan on replacing my first generation this spring, and can't wait to do some bear hunting with it

If you are a guy that likes to count ounces, buy the Exo, but if you are comparing to the Metcalf, i'd go with the 5500. If you aren't concerned about weight, go with the MR. I own both Exo and MR.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom