Expectations?

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
With the hunting season over and application season just around the corner I have been thinking about the time when I finaly draw a Nevada bull tag. Like most of you I put in every year with the hope that I will be chasing bulls in the fall.
Wheather its this coming year or 5 years from now I just want to have an enjoyable hunt with a few friends and family. Im not really big on score but I would like a chance at a big mature heavy bull. I know guys who have taken spikes and others who ate their tag after not finding the bull they wanted. Im just curious as to what you folks expect or look forward to when you have a bull tag in hand? I have 6 points so im still looking at a few more years unless I get lucky :) Thoughts??

GREAT QUESTION......I TOO HAVE 6 NON RESIDENT POINTS...& I GUESS IT COULD HAPPEN AT ANYTIME (DEER,LOPE,ELK,& SHEEP). NOT KNOWING THE COUNTRY LIKE A LOCAL/ WOULD I HAVE TO DO A BUNCH OF HOMEWORK & HOPE FOR THE BEST. HAVING A GREAT HUNT IS MY GOAL, AT AGE 55 IT WILL BE A ONE SHOT DEAL FOR ME. I ASSUME YOUR A RESIDENT..... GOOD LUCK IN THE DRAWS.....YD.

Yes Yukon I am a resident. When you draw Nevada I would be more than happy to help. I drew a limited entry bull tag last year in UT and had the help of local guy who I now consider a good friend. Anyways, without his knowledge and help of a few others I would have had a difficult time. Its nice when fellow hunters can help each other out like that once in a while.

YOU MUST OF GOT A GOOD BULL I WOULD BET (ANY PICS). I HAVE HAD & GIVIN SOME HELPFUL TIPS/INFO THAT HAS HELPED ON A FEW HUNTS. THIS SITE IN REALLY GOOD ABOUT HELPING HUNTERS OUT, AND LIKE YOU I HAVE MET SOME GOOD PEOPLE IN THE FIELD FOR SURE. IF I EVER DRAW I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU.....THANKS....& GOOD LUCK IN YOUR DRAWS.....YD.

Hey YukonDall here are a few pics of my Utah bull. It sure makes the wait in Nevada alot easier after filling this tag :)

1333copy_of_2009_utah_bull_010.jpg

49112009_utah_bull_019.jpg

I drew in 231 3 years ago. Picture of the bull is posted in the elk forum. I was hoping for a 370 class bull. After the first week was over (I didn't hunt) I hunted for 5 days with a friend and saw 35 mature 5-pt and better bulls, including a 350 5pt, 360 6pt and the 7 pt I shot. I did talk to a couple of folks this past week at SCI in Reno and they seemed to think that the unit was down a little from when I hunted it. I also had a friend that hunted it this past year with a muzzleloader and he had shots at 3 bulls in the 350 class.

I also hunted deer in 6 this year. I saw several 325 class bulls and even saw 6 in one bunch that would range all above 300 to maybe 335. They looked a little like brothers!

I would think those units or 7 would produce the type of bull your looking for.

Jazz

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-10 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]Yeah Jazz I seen your NV bull and he is a stud. Thats an incredible amount of mature bulls you guys saw.
I agree I think NV overall is down a little bit in quality bulls in most units. I thinks thats the reason for less tags in certain areas. I dont mind the decrease in tags if that means a better hunt for myself and the others that are waiting.

I drew a non rez tag this year in 061 071 with 6 points. Had a great hunt saw over 60 bulls in 4 days of scouting before opening day. Being a rez if you draw you should be able to locate a good bull. I got a lot of good information from this sight and others. The biologist for the area was real helpfull. Scouted 4 days in late sept and narrowed the unit down to where to hunt. Ended up shooting a 350 gross bull.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom