Experts on Pando Trees

cannonball

Very Active Member
I sent this quote to KSL. Wonder if they will Nuke it: [I grew up in Pando Country and it always seems to amaze me and wonder where they get these scientists. Deer, the reason for these trees struggling. What a laugh. In my teenage years there were five times or more deer than we have now. I have seen whole areas die off of old quakies to be taken over with large areas of new quakie sprouts. The best analogy, I can give, of some these educated people took place several years ago in one of our universities. The professor told the students that the rock formations(which, by the way are right by this Pando group of trees) were done by the Fremont Indians. My friend stood up and said, "I know that Indian". "His name is Lorenso. Every one in this area knew of Lorenso's formations to scare the coyotes from his sheep. Believe what you want - - Drought - - Yes. But deer - - Not much. Our deer herds are really struggling and they seem to survive better around the camp grounds.]

Been driving through them for thirty years. Didn’t know they where such a bid deal. Kind of cool ! Sounds like they are going to build a visitor’s center on site now.

I to thought the article was laughable when it mentioned deer, lack of predators, and no hunting allowed. I wrote a response but never sent it.

It's kind of neat to learn that it's one big organism, but it's creating more fuss over it than it's worth IMO. I've walked all over that mountain, including Pando, and didn't feel any more special in that spot. These "experts" are going to come in and use their influence to govern future decisions. When in fact there is a circle of life for every species.

KSL didn't post the comment and I didn't think they would. To think our tax dollars are paying for these "experts". You would think for nearly $100,000 per year per person we would get our money's worth - - NOT.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom