expo nonresident tags?

huntinfanatic

i was under the impression that 200 tags went to utah residents and 5 went to non residents but the list of winners shows a bunch of nonresidents getting deer and elk tags can someone inform me on how it works?

I could be mistaken but earlier comments about the expo indicated the 200 tags were obtained initially by pulling all 200 from the nonresident draw pool. Obviously, costs more for a nonresident to travel to SLC to validate tag entry so most of the entrants are UT residents and predictably most of the 200 tags go to UT residents. Worked out well for UT residents. Not so well for non-residents since have 0% odds unless travel to SLC and buy UT license probably will not use in the field. UT residents had 0% odds when the tags were in the nonresident pool. So 5 tags were added in 2009 but limited to just non-residents. Not sure what draw pool these tags were lifted.

I make the trip each year because of the tags since need to play to win. Plus UT is a an amazing place to see in winter.

Congrats to those who got a tag and hope you have a great experience. Post a picture for us armchair hunters!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom