Expo odds

HuntinFoo

Do they pulish the odds on the expo tags. I would like to look at the odds to see what kind of chances a guy has. Does any one know where to find them I have looked but didnt find anything.

No, they don't. They'll tell you something like 10,000 people applied for 200 tags, so the odds were 1 in 50. They won't give you the odds for specific hunts.

But if those 10,000 people each put in for say 20 tags, that bumps it up to 1 in 1000 odds, doesn't it? (10,000 X 20= 200,000 apps divided by the 200 permits = 1/1000)
So if they all put in for half the tags, that makes it 1 in 5000.
Maybe I don't know math???
Either way, you got to play to win!!!!
and somebody has to win each tag.
So why worry....Just play!

Im guessing that on the best tags, the odds are worse than the Sportman draw in Utah, and on many, many other tags, the odds are much better.

Its 5 bucks a whack (I don't apply for them all though) - and the anticipation gets me through the winter.

I agree with you antlerrick.

But I won't be applying for turkey, bear or cougar tags. I think my name is on one of those OIL tags. ;-)

I'll be there too. But figure my $5 for a OIL is more like a donation as it is likely nearly all 10,000 people will put in for the best tags.

They have promised to publish them but so far I have not seen a real breakdown by permit. Just figure it is a donation to a good cause and get your name in the hat!

I drew a LE elk tag the 1st year, and last year I had a friend draw an elk and a deer tag, and another acquaintance draw a sheep tag.

Put in and good luck to you all!

Chad

This is the age old question that never seems to get answered. All I know is I drew a tag last year and so did my brother-in-law. We probably "used up" all of our luck in 2008.

Hawkeye

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom