Expo prejudice

ridgetops

Very Active Member
I went yesterday and I've never experienced so much lefty prejudice in my life. I talked to at least a half dozen gun booths and they either flat out don't offer a lefty bolt action or want to charge anywhere from $300 - $2,000 extra. Damn righty's!

Sorry man!
My youngest daughter is left-handed so I bought her a CRF Winchester 70 but it's not a custom.
I can understand maybe $300 more for a custom lefty but sure as he!! not $2000. That's just highway robbery!

I'm a lefty. So is my son. It sure makes things tough. Maybe things have changed and its been a long time since I looked but Ruger used to make their long action M77 in a left hand for the same price as the rights. Kimber has told me they will never ever make a left handed rifle. That's kind of a shame. They told me it's because only %7 of the populace is left handed. Guess they were too foolish to check that over %30 of the populace that makes more than 200k a year is left handed.

When I was growing up it was really hard to find any left handed rifles. I grew up shooting a Browning BLR. Fast accurate weapon. You might want to look at thought rout.

Good Luck

Im left handed, but my left eye is almost blind. I shoot rifle,pistol,and bow cast flyrods, toss baseballs all right handed. But to write, paint ect left.

In fairness. While right handed, very few if any hunting clothes come in talls/long, and even fewer boot companies go to 14.

Maybe a guy should start a store selling exclusively to the freaks of the outdoor world. Lefties, big/tall, big foot?

That's not a fact. It's a study. Half of the last 12 presidents have been left handed. %25 of astronauts are lefties. More than %50 of people who attend visual art schools are left handed. I know a lot of left handed people who don't worry about competing in the workplace anymore and just go start their own company. I know in my industry, which there are very few affluent taxidermists:p, Left handed people are well above the average of %7. Strangely enough I only know one left handed lawyer.

I flat out got laughed at by a few guys when I specifically asked for a left handed lightweight 6.5 PRC. Looks like I might be waiting a few more years, unless I go custom. Then anything is possible for the right price.

That's not a fact. It's a study. Half of the last 12 presidents have been left handed. %25 of astronauts are lefties. More than %50 of people who attend visual art schools are left handed. I know a lot of left handed people who don't worry about competing in the workplace anymore and just go start their own company. I know in my industry, which there are very few affluent taxidermists:p, Left handed people are well above the average of %7. Strangely enough I only know one left handed lawyer.

It's obviously a conspiracy. We all know companies aren't in the business of making money. So of course they would neglect the vast pool of left handers.

Some businesses are tuned in and some aren't. No conspiracy. That's why some last and some don't. Just business

What are the stats on short lefties. I’m guessing that is even more impressive than just plain lefties. I’m guessing the combo of Oompa Loompa and lefty puts people in the genius category?

Rich

What are the stats on short lefties. I’m guessing that is even more impressive than just plain lefties. I’m guessing the combo of Oompa Loompa and lefty puts people in the genius category?

Rich
So are you saying only short people should be shooting short actions?

I think if I buy another lefty rifle it would probably be a Sauer. I think you could find a distributor here. I am not sure what current prices are on them. I have shot a couple over the years and they are very sound and accurate rifles. The stock butts are shaped a little different than US rifles though.

My brothers are both lefties. They could be smarter than me, which would put them in the genius category.:)
Just go custom Ridgetops! You'll spend a bit more, but I doubt you'll be sorry.

Plenty of lefty Tikka's for sale.... buy a Brux, Bartlein, Hart or Shilen barrel the possibilities are endless, new stock, trigger tech trigger and you’ll have as good or better rifle as what you looked at the show... just need the right gunsmith to put the pieces together....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom