Expo Results

elkfromabove did send me a copy of his list today. It was a 127 page PFD document. It appears it is originally from Microsoft Word or similar writing/word processing program.

This is what it looks like.
It gives me a whole new appreciation for all the manual data pulls he has done for us over the years. It is not in an easy sortable spreadsheet. Someday it will be in Excel. A volunteer would be welcomed. If not, I will try to get it done sometime before next years addition.

expo.jpg

elkfromabove did send me a copy of his list today. It was a 127 page PFD document. It appears it is originally from Microsoft Word or similar writing/word processing program.

It gives me a whole new appreciation for all the manual data pulls he has done for us over the years. It is not in an easy sortable spreadsheet. Someday it will be in Excel. A volunteer would be welcomed. If not, I will try to get it done sometime before next years addition.

View attachment 138957
Thanks! Microsoft Word because I was using that at the time for other things.
I also have:
-51 pdf files of Annual Big Game Reports 1965-2018
-1 page Annual deer Any Weapon % success rates 1943-2022- compiled from various sources.
-1 page Annual deer Archery % success rates 1952-2022 -"
-1 page Annual deer Muzzy % success rates 1973-2020 -"
- A few odds and ends wildlife related.
If you (or anyone else) wants them, you got 'em on a first 2 to come, first 2 served basis.
Lee

Someone above said this already and it was my thoughts as well. Use separate barrels for each hunt and let a little kid draw the tags! Simple Right!? Right?! Simple?!
Let me ask this how does the draw work now is your name entered into a electronic system and you get some kind of stub back saying your entered in that particular draw then they have an Accounting Firm handle the drawing to keep things on the up Up N Up like the lotteries have to do and they would lose their Accounting License if there was anything shady going?!
Why does Utah have all these problems with these rules and laws etc when it’s a simply fix?! Even if the crowds would be to big to fit in the building during the draw have a PA system in the parking lot. I know there’s a better way then a PA system but I went for the lowest hanging fruit! To make it even easier cut the draw off early Sunday and every half/hour through out the day draw a couple/few hunts.
Why does Utah make SH$T so hard.
You all can go WOKE on the State like those crazy people do over dumb stuff. There’s strength in numbers.
But again I‘m just an Ignorant Flat Lander from IL who doesnt know anything about the Big City Life that’s Utah which I might add has a smaller State population then the City Of Chicago
LOL!

Someone above said this already and it was my thoughts as well. Use separate barrels for each hunt and let a little kid draw the tags! Simple Right!? Right?! Simple?!
Let me ask this how does the draw work now is your name entered into a electronic system and you get some kind of stub back saying your entered in that particular draw then they have an Accounting Firm handle the drawing to keep things on the up Up N Up like the lotteries have to do and they would lose their Accounting License if there was anything shady going?!
Why does Utah have all these problems with these rules and laws etc when it’s a simply fix?! Even if the crowds would be to big to fit in the building during the draw have a PA system in the parking lot. I know there’s a better way then a PA system but I went for the lowest hanging fruit! To make it even easier cut the draw off early Sunday and every half/hour through out the day draw a couple/few hunts.
You all can go WOKE on the State like those crazy people do over dumb stuff. There’s strength in numbers.
But again I‘m just an Ignorant Flat Lander from IL who doesnt know anything about the Big City Life that’s Utah which I might add has a smaller State population then the City Of Chicago
LOL!
I think using the name instead of a random number like they do in the regular drawing is the problem. In the regular drawing you get a random number for each point and another for the current application and the computer takes your lowest random number to put in the draw without knowing who it is. It's only AFTER the drawing that a name is attached to the random number. In the regular draw you could have the lowest number possible: 0000001, but that could NEVER happen in the EXPO drawing because no name has three of the same letter in a row. The EXPO drawing computer uses a "key word" which means they are using names instead of numbers and that seems much easier to manipulate.
Even the tumbling barrel isn't foolproof, How do we know our name is in the barrel and only one name for everyone? My last name is Tracy. How do you get a "key word" out of that?

View attachment 138957
I have everything in excel form and in pivot tables that I have kept since 2007 when it started up through this year. Some of the tag recipients I have also shown how they have ties to SFW, DWR and others. There are a few things from EFA's list that I had to fix, but should be 99% accurate.

LOL!
We have this crap here because of pure greed.
Even our own people keep attending this Expo even though it should be boycotted to death.

I have everything in excel form and in pivot tables that I have kept since 2007 when it started up through this year. Some of the tag recipients I have also shown how they have ties to SFW, DWR and others. There are a few things from EFA's list that I had to fix, but should be 99% accurate.
Right on! It looks like you have the jest of the problems I was having but didn't have the skills or the time to do further research. Thanks!

I should have been more clear.
I don’t care if the expo stays alive, I just want the hundreds of tags returned to their rightful place, back to the general draw.
Thanks! So do I. As the former Pres of UWC, I originally thought that this was just another chance to get a tag as they claimed. However, I soon learned that the drawing goes WAY beyond the EXPO itself. I saw the EXPO leverage they use to get their agendas passed in RAC's, WB meetings, and the many meetings I went to where you were not invited. I saw the many times it was used to promote SFW and MDF through articles in the media. I saw it during the Parowan Deer Transplant because I wanted to give you a weekly/monthly update which they hadn't planned on doing. I saw it when a reporter came to see what was happening and I offered to take him on a tour, but an SFW man overheard us and invited himself along. When the reporter's article came out in the local paper, UWC wasn't even mentioned. When visitors came I would give them an explanation of what we were doing and why, but soon a younger SFW man begin doing it, without asking of course, and I found another job at the processing table where they collared, tested, got blood samples, etc. the does. I could go on, but SFW (not so much MDF) is determined to be the stars of the show and will not easily give up the EXPO tags. Personally, I don't think it's the money that drives them as much as the power and popularity. Money just gives them more of that. IMHO, of course!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom