Extended archery deer in the uintah basin

Horsecorn

Very Active Member
I’m not a fan of this hunt. The bucks get chased from august to the end of November is not A good thing. I think the bucks should be left alone and not chased around while they are trying to do their thing. Just my opinion. i don’t have an opinion on the wasatch front extended hunt cause I don’t live out there and don’t know what it does there. I’m assuming the same thing. What’s you guys think about it.

That Particular Hunt Has Done More Damage In Recent History Than Any Other One Thing!

Talk About A Bunch Of Trespassing Bunch Of UN-ETHICALS!

Yes,I Realize There Are Ethical Hunters Out There As Well!

Actually let's start by cutting lifetime license holders, then eliminate general rifle deer across the entire state. Then pull the LE rifle elk hunt out of the rut, give the rifle tags back to the archery pool, and the entire month of September goes to the archery hunt.

We can then eliminate the general muzzy deer hunts, add those tags to the early general archery hunts. Then add a LE archery deer hunt on general units from 11/15-11/30.

Rifle can keep general any bull elk tags, and LE rifle deer hunts, but eliminate spike elk general rifle tags. If we make those changes you can remove the extended archery hunt in the Basin. Rifle hunting has the highest impact on the resource by a long ways. It just makes sense to simplify, and completely eliminate most rifle hunts. Deal?

Actually let's start by cutting lifetime license holders, then eliminate general rifle deer across the entire state. Then pull the LE rifle elk hunt out of the rut, give the rifle tags back to the archery pool, and the entire month of September goes to the archery hunt.

We can then eliminate the general muzzy deer hunts, add those tags to the early general archery hunts. Then add a LE archery deer hunt on general units from 11/15-11/30.

Rifle can keep general any bull elk tags, and LE rifle deer hunts, but eliminate spike elk general rifle tags. If we make those changes you can remove the extended archery hunt in the Basin. Rifle hunting has the highest impact on the resource by a long ways. It just makes sense to simplify, and completely eliminate most rifle hunts. Deal?

What a tool

I'll take that as a deal. I'll get it pushed through the board on Tuesday! About time you see the light!

I might agree to all that if it meant you’d quit crying like a little baby all the time.

Fat chance of that happening though, so I’ll stick with my southern Utah archery tag next year just to unseriously walk around the hills.

I don’t know much about that units hunt but the unethical behavior is uncalled for and should be reported as often as possible. Trespassing is BS no matter who is holding the weapon.

The late hunts were originally intended to reduce deer numbers and push deer out of the residential areas and off the roads. In a valley like the Unitas basin I’m not sure the goal but the easier terrain could make it an easier hunt.

The WF has its own issues but the terrain and access issues most of the season makes it a very popular hunt with the potential of the Henry’s or paunsugunt every single year. It provides an incredible amount of opportunity with a lot of deer killed and continues to produce big bucks. I think a lot could be learned by the way that hunt is managed. The same could be applied to specific areas with similar results.

I might agree to all that if it meant you’d quit crying like a little baby all the time.

Fat chance of that happening though, so I’ll stick with my southern Utah archery tag next year just to unseriously walk around the hills.
Don't drop a chocolate streak in your shorts Niller. You would never give up your gun or your pumpkin suit.

I’d go to great lengths to annoy you. Luckily for me, you’re such a mental midget I barely have to try.

See you in August!

Hey Niller?

You Gonna Borrow Somebodies HIGH TECH Bow?

Ya!

I Get It!

You'll Next Tell Us You're Smarter Than Us!

I’d go to great lengths to annoy you. Luckily for me, you’re such a mental midget I barely have to try.

See you in August!

See you in August!
I'll keep an eye out for you in your pumpkin suit....
Screenshot_20231127_183142_Chrome.jpg

So I was complaining to a biologist a couple of years ago about this topic. As a landowner I hate this hunt because I have to watch my property like a hawk. Unfortunately a fence and orange signs don't mean much to a lot of extended archers. He agreed with me and said the extended archery season was never meant to be a trophy hunt but it was intended to manage the antlerless animals and control them in the farming communities( Uintah Basin Extended Area). He said it was in not fulfilling the adjective as over 95% of the harvest was bucks. So I asked why they didn't discontinue the practice if it didn't fulfill the purpose. His answer was because of popularity of the hunt. So now we have to watch as our big bucks disappear and deal with trespassers because its popular. What a joke!

So I was complaining to a biologist a couple of years ago about this topic. As a landowner I hate this hunt because I have to watch my property like a hawk. Unfortunately a fence and orange signs don't mean much to a lot of extended archers. He agreed with me and said the extended archery season was never meant to be a trophy hunt but it was intended to manage the antlerless animals and control them in the farming communities( Uintah Basin Extended Area). He said it was in not fulfilling the adjective as over 95% of the harvest was bucks. So I asked why they didn't discontinue the practice if it didn't fulfill the purpose. His answer was because of popularity of the hunt. So now we have to watch as our big bucks disappear and deal with trespassers because its popular. What a joke!
That's too bad 👎 that would get old real quick dealing with that.

Hey Niller?

You Gonna Borrow Somebodies HIGH TECH Bow?

I know I could tomorrow. I’ve got lots of good friends that love seeing others be successful while hunting and will do lots of things to help that.

Imagine it now: Vanilla with a borrowed bow hanging out with straight up killers showing him the ropes on an archery hunt in southern Utah he doesn’t take seriously and just wanders around the woods in a very unserious fashion, screwing up whiff’s hunt, only to kill a nice buck along the way when a barely legal spike would have done just fine!

I can see it now, and it’s glorious!

Then Another Thing That's Getting Out Of Hand Is The NIGHT TIME HUNTING!

Some Of Them Cordless Lights Are A Little Better Than They Use To Be!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom