Extra cow tag?

L

LaGriz

My hunting buddy is doing all the arm chair scouting this year
and has reported that we may purchase an optional cow tag to go with our non-res bull tags. Is this true? If so must the tag be
purchased by a certain date prior to the hunt. Or can one fill
there bull tag (any elk) and then buy the cow tag over-the-counter.
This should mean the heard is in fair shape and the WF&G people must want to reduce the numbers or improve the bull-to-cow ratio. Any one have any info on this. The units in question are 94 & 92. Thanks to all
Good Hunting
LaGriz

you can buy your cow tag over the counter. I was part owner in an outfitt in 94 and there are quite a few elk. I will be in 94 sept 13th archery hunting.

Thanks for the responce. Our group of 4 will be rifle hunting on the opener oct. 15th.Work and travel restrants only allow us a
week to chase elk. The group is renting a bunk house in 92 and we are hunting non-guided.Two of us have hunted here in 2006 and my partner got a nice 6 X 6 on the next to last day. All of the bull sign we saw ( rubs ) had us thinking archery for next try.
However the other two members are wanting to use rifles and will be on ther first elk hunt.
would like to hear how you do this Sept.
best of luck
Scott

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom