i am looking for an otc cooler with extreme capabilities that is heavy duty

-70-128 qt
-5-7 day ice retention
-i want to buy it, not build it
-i want it to hold up (to some abuse) for more than one-two seasons

any suggestions

thanks in advance for your help

JimmyA

I have had good luck with the upper end Coleman coolers. The one I like best is gray/silver and I believe is called the "Extreme". Not sure about that. If you store them out of the sun, preferably under a tarp or some type of shield. Are careful about not leaving them open and drain the water off, you will get seven days easy.

Yes the do have some great cooler they are built like a ##### brick house, I believe they are better then a colemans hands down but cost about 4 times as much.

thanks for the help Gator and Carnicero

It sounds as if the sportsmans cooler might fit the bill

i checked their website and unfortunately the do not have any info online

Also, i am no where near a sportsmans location.

Do you know if it is their own brand? Any details on the cooler?

If not thanks anyway. I appreciate the help. A buddy of mine will be near a sportsmans in about two weeks.

Thanks again.

JimmyA

I second the grey Igloo extreme cooler. For not being expensive it holds ice for about a week. I have probably 10 coolers. Two of them are the extreme coolers which I like the best. They have made 3 trips by plane to Alaska and back for both fishing and caribou hunting. They have been on numerous hunting trips and are still in good shape. One is in the back of my truck right now while I'm home from the pauns elk hunt for a couple days. I was using a smaller cooler earlier in the hunt and going through ice every two days. This ones been holding up for a week and it's been warm lately.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom