failed but had a great time.

ELKMASTER101

Very Active Member
boo hoo,
I never got a oppertunity to draw my bow back on an elk.
We had them all around us, some times with in touching distance but couldn't get the shots.
we closed out the colorado bow season with 1 in 4,
Brian, a young pup in our group got his first cow elk at a 20 foot drop and about 35 yards out bedded down.
supper shot she didn't go more then 40 yard.
We had a supper time.
Thinking next year going early befor muzzy season.
lets hear how you did.
now bow season is open here in Iowa,
Home of some monsters.
if i connect i'll let you know.
Good hunting to all.

It does not sound like you failed at all. You said you had a supper time right? I just got back from Wyoming without killing anything. It was one of the funnest hunts I have been on.

Getting out and enjoying the outdoors, friends and family is priceless. I will try harder on my next hunt but the memories will always be with me.

Had a great hunt in Colorado. We went both Labor Day weekend and got into some elk and I passed on two cows. Had my 12 year old son with me and he was impressed. One cow was 9 steps away.

Two weeks later we went again. It is just after the muzzy hunt and thought we would do well based on our first experience. But the elk had mostly moved to a new location so we were running into the stragglers. Saw two nice bulls but didn't get any shots at them. They were quiet and would not talk at all. So we need some more scouting time to figure our unit out. That is if we draw it again next year.

Tag soup but had a great time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom