Fairness Doctrine

Shame most people dont even know about this. It is a direct attack on free speech. Wonder where Huntingdick, i mean huntingdude and piper are at on this one. Yet another dem play on attacking ones rights. So many blind people out there, or rather, ill informed...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-08 AT 08:01PM (MST)[p] i've tried to tell them but they are to blind to see the whole constitution is under attack by these ultra liberal dems they only see the D by the name and think it makes them great.
they wouldn't know the truth if it hit them between the eyes.
they think he will save the world by selling our kids freedoms.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-08 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p] here are some facts from the discussions while the bill of rights was being written:
The civil rights of none shall be abridged nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner or on any pretext,infringed
the people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, write, or to publish their sentiments;and the freedom of the press, as one of the greatest bulwarks of liberty, shall not be inviolable.
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed:a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country.

sounds to me like the fairness doctrine, gun bans, and keeping religion out of the public eye be it in schools or public buildings IS TREASON

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-08 AT 11:34PM (MST)[p]You guys were the ones screaming like mashed cats that the " liberal media " was picking on you, make up your mind you cry about it when the dems are sniveling and then you turn around and demand sympathy when you get your butts kicked.

The dems will shut up about it because they've got everything they wanted now, question is will you stop whining about the media? that's different right?

Let the people decide, with their radio dial, their tv remote and their vote, that goes for both sides.

You're making up for it lost time in grand style, I've never heard such a bunch of negative all is lost whiners.

Remember the constitution......and it would have been laughed out of the room right after the treaty of paris because it gave the central government too much power over the states... 10 years later and bamm the constitution, and now we are trying to strip it of personal liberty......fair never equals free because you never are 50/50 on any issue. Assault weapons ban is coming soon, with the emanual and loder, but just relax it should be a 10 year deal and enev then we will have loopholes. Lets all remain vigilant and if the time comes when things get like the brits and aussies then I know DUDE would stand shoulder to shoulder with us.... if that time ever same we need to unite...Remember History, revolution: Howe hated Conrwallis and that lost then the colonies...macarthur hated Truman and Korea was a disaster.... B. franklin hated hancock, Jefferson did not agree with Washington on much but they overlooked things and we had a success....Over look differences

There is a big difference in talking about the liberal media vs wanting to put a laws on the book basically putting muzzles on conservative talk radio. At least the talk radio guys let you know what they are. Unlike the liberal media saying that it is unbiased.

If the Fairness Doctrine is again implemented then the democrats are stupid. They will be playing right into the hands of the right wing. I don't think Obama is going to make the fairness doctrine part of his agenda because it is not important.

I have a suggestion for everyone who thinks this is the end of our country. Look at what is happening right now with a Republican in the White House. Let's let Obama get into office and start to govern. Remember this entire mess the countries success or failure in cleaning it up will be entirely owned by the democrats. They have the power now let's see what they do with it. If we are truly a center right country they will not stay in power long if they screw it up, that is just the way it works.

I am more worried about the looming crash in revenue and either the drastic tax increases or spending cuts that will have to be made. I am worried about the $5 trillion borrowed, swapped or guaranteed by the Fed since this economic crisis began. If things continue I am more worried about taking care and feeding my family then I am about the Fairness Doctrine.

Nemont

>If the Fairness Doctrine is again
>implemented then the democrats are
>stupid. They will be
>playing right into the hands
>of the right wing.
>I don't think Obama is
>going to make the fairness
>doctrine part of his agenda
>because it is not important.
>
>
>I have a suggestion for everyone
>who thinks this is the
>end of our country.
>Look at what is happening
>right now with a Republican
>in the White House.
>Let's let Obama get into
>office and start to govern.
> Remember this entire mess
>the countries success or failure
>in cleaning it up will
>be entirely owned by the
>democrats. They have the
>power now let's see what
>they do with it.
>If we are truly a
>center right country they will
>not stay in power long
>if they screw it up,
>that is just the way
>it works.
>
>I am more worried about the
>looming crash in revenue and
>either the drastic tax increases
>or spending cuts that will
>have to be made.
>I am worried about the
>$5 trillion borrowed, swapped or
>guaranteed by the Fed since
>this economic crisis began.
>If things continue I am
>more worried about taking care
>and feeding my family then
>I am about the Fairness
>Doctrine.
>
>Nemont

Thats the problem!! Most people dont realize the Dems have had controll of House and Senate for last 4 years allready!! Good grief!! Now we have Dem pres and allmost 60 vote majority in Senate now for democrats which would make them filabuster proof!! I'll Say again, The Dems HAVE had control......

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-08
>AT 11:34?PM (MST)

>
>You guys were the ones screaming
>like mashed cats that the
>" liberal media " was
>picking on you, make up
>your mind you cry about
>it when the dems are
>sniveling and then you turn
>around and demand sympathy when
>you get your butts kicked.
>
>
> The dems will shut up
>about it because they've got
>everything they wanted now, question
>is will you stop whining
>about the media? that's
>different right?
>
> Let the people decide, with
>their radio dial, their tv
>remote and their vote, that
>goes for both sides.

God you dont look at ANYTHING people try to point out. People cant decide wiht there radio dial or tv remote you DUMB ASS, if the Dems in power pass the fairness doctrine which implments censorship... why dont you fricking read and digest what people are trying to point out.. Its a direct attack on "Free Speech" good grief you can think.....

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-08 AT 10:13AM (MST)[p]Actually the Dems have controlled congress only since Jan. of 2007 after the Nov. 2006 elections. That is really about 2 years rather then 4 years.

I understand all of that. There were alot of moderate democrats elected, many in previously Republican areas, these seats will be in jeopardy if the left wing of the democratic party gets it's way. In addition the democratic Senators and Representatives from the western states cannot allow gun control to be an issue because their seats will be in jeopardy. Same goes for the Fairness Doctrine.

I bet that Obama will have to govern from the center in order to have any chance of having success in getting his agenda passed. The reason is that there are elections every two years and the democrat majority in the House can lose ground quickly if Obama is seen as being a wild eyed liberal who is bent on taking our guns or muzzling talk radio.

Nemont

Geez I never though I'd get tired of hearing some of you cry about how you lost and how awful you have it now, but I was wrong you're really getting annoying.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom