Family Antelope Hunt Pics

berto

Very Active Member
Got these two on the opener way back in October, but just now got around to scanning the photos.

I got mine early in the morning. We had spotted the herd the evening before and arrived before light to make the sneak. Well, the herd had moved close to the road and when we got out of the car to start our sneak, they bolted...lesson learned (again)! About an hour later we finished the sneak on the same herd and I made my shot.

My lope

Aaronlope.jpg

We had to look around through lunch and into the afternoon before we found a buck we could get close enough to for my wife to make the shot. We finally found two bucks together in a swale and made a sneak on them from a hill opposite them. three clean misses and one good lung hit later, she had her lope. It fell within about 100 yards of the road, which was a bonus.

Julielope.jpg

And a photo of our car before we headed home to butcher :)

Loadedlope.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Nice again, Aaron!!
In CO all the Outbacks have liberal tree-huggers behind the wheel, glad to see you break the mold!
Jeff

Jeff,

where i live, making the wage i am making while trying to support a wife and three kids, i can't afford the gas in my 4x4 chevy p/u so i drive that all wheel drive subaru (24 mpg) for hunting as often as i can...i even hunted for and brought my bull home in it this season! heck, on my deer hunt this season where it was an 8 hour drive one way, i hopped in my friend's p/u to save mucho gas $$$..12 mpg in my chevy is pathetic. i only use my rig when a p/u is really necessary to get the job done!

later

Nice job. Great pic's. Nice to see ya took a little one out to experience the experience.

Berto, Looks like you had a great hunt, am already thinking about Wy antelope/deer/elk next year. Would you mind passing on any info where you hunted? PM if you'd like or e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks in adavnce....Tom

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-06 AT 00:22AM (MST)[p]I hear you on the gas money!
I made 2 trips back to CO this year and I was driving the 4 dr. chevy lumina that got 26-28 mpg instead of the 12-14 mpg suburban.
My hunts were not on tough roads so I saved $100-200 on gas!

What did your buck score? He is nice! Getting him mounted?
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom