family hunting!

r270

This year my family has been very blessed in the hunting field .Both my son and i filled our archery elk tags, my daughter filled her buck tag and I was successful in Nebraska hunting whitetails,needless to say or freezer is full. My daughter still has a late season cow tag . My question to everyone is how many other people have years like this and is there a point where you just say thats enough ? looking forward to your responses

r270

That is awesome, congrats! I have filled 5 of 5 tags myself in 1 year before. Why quit, if you don't want the meat give it to someone who needs it. Older people who don't get it, hunter friends who were not successful etc...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Why quit. Always go hunt because you never know what you will see or if you even have another hunt. Life changes fast. If you do not need to the meat give it to those who. I seldom have any room in my 2 chest freezers, but I still hunt and would keep going just to help others while doing something I love.

We had a year like that a couple years ago, filled 2 of 4 archery Elk and 3 for 3 deer.. Had good eating and good jerky for about a year. This hear no Deer tags and 0 for 4 on Elk. Did help pack out a cow elk and 2 mature bulls , for friends, and was given about a quarter for helping.... Am taking in a steer to slaughter next week. Sure would have rather have sold him...

Unless you don't want the meat or don't want to hunt or don't have the time or money, I'd always go.

We've had years like that more often than not but we have 6 families to feed now that all 5 of my kids are married and have their own families.

We hunt for the sake of hunting but the delicious meat is a wonderful by-product of our successful efforts.

We don't consider ourselves meat hunters or trophy hunters. We are just hunters who will take a trophy and use the meat.

Are you feeling too greedy?

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-15 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]Never deny a daughter her hunt. If you are too full of meat you're in luck because elk is the easiest to find takers when sharing.

Ok guys thanks for the responses.... we are not stopping hunting we will hunt the late elk hunt and will be heading back to Nebraska for the kids to hunt .I just wanted to see if anyone got to the point where they said thats enough ......we are not there yet ... have given meat to family members and if we get a cow during late season already have a family who will take it. I would never tell my kids they couldn't hunt ....r270

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom