fanny packs for the day

O

olystorageland

looking for a fanny pack that offers a variety of options. Possible bladder holder, I know the elkhorn from kelty supposedly holds a quarter, any other fannys do this-don't need a lot of room just enough to hunt out of all day-maybe carry scope but not items bigger-any ideas and advice appreciated, thanks-

I bought a fanny pack and hunted with it ONCE! All day I kept pulling my pants up because the weight of the fanny pack forced my pants down. I use a regular backpack and it has ample room for what I need.

http://www.sophuntinggear.com/hornhunter.html
look at the droptine by Hornhunter. It is a great fanny pack. My personal top choice however is the G2 daypack by Hornhunter.
I own both and use both depending on what type of hunt I am going on. They both work with hydration bladders. I just think they are the most well thought out packs anywhere. And most important...comfortable! That being said, I know there are alot of good packs out there.
Good luck on your choice.

In the picture on the side of the horn hunter pack is that a mesh pocket? Just wondering.

Thanks,

Beanman

Eberlestock Slingshot will hold a bow or rifle, (2) three liter water bladders, 1700ci of gear, detachable shoulderstraps and a full sized waistbelt. Most comfortable fanny pack in the business!

G287HS%20w%20bow%20qtr%20sm.jpg

Ed

47278a3158c74d06.jpg

www.trophyhuntoutfitters.com

beanman,
yes, the outer one is mesh, then the inner one is enclosed cloth. I use the mesh ones for my wind checker and game calls and the inner one for snacks, range finder or camera. It even fits my small dv camcorder. If you live in Utah, their store is in Sandy and they have everything on display. It is quality stuff.

That Eberlestock above might as well be a full on backpack. The thing is too big to be called a fanny pack. Go Horn Hunter and you can thank me later.

}}-SLIVER-->

Tried on the eberlestock yesterday at Sportsmans Whorehouse in Grand Junction. It really did not impress me, it felt like a full sized day pack. I'll have to find a horn hunter to try some day.

Bingo, In my experience the outer mesh pockets sometimes snag on brush, has that been the case for you? that's why I asked the question.

Thanks,

Beanman

I don't like backpacks, because they make my back sweat. I use fanny packs and have about 5 of them. I kept looking for the right one, until I hit on one from Cabela's.

It's called the All-day transporter. I think it's excellent. It has lots of pockets, is about the right size (for me) and is high-tech enough to be comfortable.

There are backstraps that can help you pack some real weight, if you need to.

Beanman,
I hunt alot of tall sagebrush and I have never had a problem with snagging. I think you are smart considering all these things though. If the mesh was saggy, I bet it would snag, but it is pretty thick mesh that stays up against the pack nicely. Some people laugh at me because I am so into packs, but I'm telling you, after trying several different ones, once you have a well thought out, comfortable pack that works for you..it makes you a better hunter. If you know exactly where everything is, you wont be fumbling around when it counts. You dont need these huge packs even for packing out animals. Just carry 2, lightweight, durable game bags, tie a knot at the top of the game bags and a foot or so of rope(depending on how broad your shoulders are) and you can pack as much meat out, hands free, as the guy with the bigger pack.

before you buy, at least look at the Blacks Creek All American. i have it for my small pack and really like it. it also will zip out and expand to carry more if needed.

www.blacks-creek.com

good luck

travis.

Check out the Outfitter Pro from Wilderness Pack Specialties out of Klamath Falls, Oregon.I have used it for years and it is the most comfortable pack I have found. Lots of room for gear and great support.
Good Hunting!
Bill

I have a badlands fanny pack I'll sell. It's in great condition and comes with the shoulder straps. This is a $90 pack.$30 plus shipping will buy it.It wont fit my spotting scope so I no longer have a use for it.

Mike

Mike - PM sent, I tried e-mail but it bounced back. I'm interested in the pack if it is in decent shape. Thanks - Tony

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom