Father-n-law got a call from Utah DWR

borntohunt

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-13 AT 00:37AM (MST)[p]My 62 year old father n law was just notified that he was the alternate for a Henry mountain bison tag starting Dec 16th. My father n law is a high school teacher/football coach so he has plenty of time off for the holidays. I have been on a few cow buffalo hunts down there in the past so I am familiar with the area.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or advice for this hunt. I really want to help him have a good memorable time. I know there is a lot of snow down there this year and the snow is still coming down. I have access to a motor home, wall tents, snowmobiles, four wheelers, and a side by side.

We will not be able to hunt until a bit later in the hunt as the 16th is my daughters birthday. I do have a couple good friends planning to take some time and help out. I also have a few more lined up if the need arises.

Any thoughts on where people have been seeing bison recently? PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

Thanks,

borntohunt

Do you want a guide? Give Taylor Albrecht a call. He kills some big bulls off the Henrys. It would be kinda of funny if you got him out there on the hunt !!! :D :D }>

Seems this is 100% Utah related yet is in the General Forum where would expect to see items that impact multiple States. A discussion on gun safety would be general, for example. A Utah hunt would be, well, a Utah Forum item. Seems straight forward.

I understand exactly what Outdoors means. For instance just now he posted here when clearly he should have entered his feedback in the Summer's Eve forum.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Exactly! Some of these guys need to do what the picture of te 2 cowboys in post #4 are doing, an do some ROSHAMBO.

There are probably numberous nonresidents who don't frequent the Utah forum with knowledge of areas with buffalo, so I have no problem with a post like this in the GENERAL forum. If he posted it in the mule deer forum, or if they had a buffalo forum, then I would agree with you

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>I understand exactly what Outdoors means.
> For instance just now
>he posted here when clearly
>he should have entered his
>feedback in the Summer's Eve
>forum.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

:D

Don't read it if you don't want too. Cry me a river.
Pull up your big boy panties.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

> For instance just now
>forum.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

:) I agree 100%

Gees outdoors, it seems like this should be under the BISON forum, but guess what, Its not! Its under general for general help or general questions. Seems good to me. Just stick with your own "state" forum for now on!!!

Good luck Dan with the in laws hunt. I am of no help, except for moral support!!!

>Seems this is 100% Utah related
>yet is in the General
>Forum where would expect to
>see items that impact multiple
>States. A discussion on gun
>safety would be general, for
>example. A Utah hunt would
>be, well, a Utah Forum
>item. Seems straight forward.

Are all of your 600 and something post crying about who post what where?

OP - I hope you get the help you need through all of the pointless bickering. Best of luck to you guys on your hunt!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Careful guys, Founder may have asked Outdoor baby to monitor for these discretions and ask those offenders to abstain.
Either that or Outdoors appointed himself.
And yes 80% of his posts are whining about Utah.
Tripstates alter ego.....LOL

> For instance just now
>forum.

Haha! Good stuff...

Cutbow

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-13 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]I could care less where it's posted an Tx could be right. My only question is it that time of the month for all you Utah guys, pack mentality attacking Outdoors for an opinion you sound like a bunch of women.

It was a shotgun post it hit everywhere Utah, Antelope, sheep threads as well.

>Seems this is 100% Utah related
>yet is in the General
>Forum where would expect to
>see items that impact multiple
>States. A discussion on gun
>safety would be general, for
>example. A Utah hunt would
>be, well, a Utah Forum
>item. Seems straight forward.

Seems like the above post should be placed in the " No one cares what Outdoors is whining about now" Forum. STHU Outdoors...

About the bison, Hope you guys are successful.

General Hunting forum that get's more traffic than a state forum, title clearly states UTAH

"Father-n-law got a call from Utah DWR"

Minimal comprehension skills will tell you from the title that this post will talk about "Utah". By analyzing the title of posts you can avoid reading about topics you don't want to read about...or you could open it, complain about it, cry it should be in another forum & generally act like a spolied princess.

Sorry I don't have any productive info on the buff hunt, I hope he has the time of his life!

Hey Dan,
I am looking forward to this hunt! I hope someone on here can give some advice / help?

I have a guy looking down there right now for us, so I hope we get some intel soon.

Anyone else have suggestions or places to look?

I think mentioning Summers Eve in this forum is totally uncalled for. This is more of a Massingil moment.

>I think mentioning Summers Eve in
>this forum is totally uncalled
>for. This is more of
>a Massingil moment.

Lol

Bigjohn, thanks for the plug and trying to get me to go freeze my as* off.
I just turned my tag back on December 2nd merry Christmas to your father inlaw if he was offered the tag I had. if you are looking for a guide you can contact me and i can get you set up (sounds like you are going DIY though). I will be unavailable for the hunt but we have some other guys that would be great. As for supplies to take down get some horses if you can you may need them more than your side by side and atv's. Good luck and be safe. you can email me at

[email protected]
or call
435-979-7227

www.hightopoutfitters.com

Ya nobody caught on to what I was saying. But you I guess.:) You didn't take the tag. Then two days later the post popped up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom